Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Sleep buds 2 right ear bud low hardly any sound

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Sleep buds 2 

Country

Uk 

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on  samsung s10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Left ear bud has hardly any sound, 3 pair i have had, still same issue, customer service are no help towards the issue, i have followed all instructions such as resting and uninstall app.

What environment do you experience the issue in? All the time.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

3rd of January.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

All instructions given by customer service. 

5 REPLIES 5
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Re: Sleep buds 2 right ear bud low hardly any sound

I have the same issue, only on the right bud.  The buds worked fine for about 5 minutes and then the volume on the right bud dropped so low that it was inaudible.  This was during my first use of the buds and they are completely clean/clear of obstructions.  Setting the volume to maximum and removing the left bud from my ear I can barely hear sound from the right bud.  The app shows both buds connected and fully charged. 

• I have tried resetting the buds in case with a paperclip. 
  • I have un/reinstalled the app on my Pixel 3.
  • I have installed the app on my iPad with exactly the same results.
  • I have tried the Bose updater (Sleep Buds 2 not supported).

I'll be replacing them via Amazon today.  I hope this is a limited manufacturing defect.

Product: Sleep Bubs II

Firmware: 11.9.0.0

Android App Ver: 3.0.2

Phone: Pixel 3, iPad mini

Hey @Pugdug2020, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am very sorry that you're experiencing some issues with the volume of your left Sleepbud. When you state that you have had 3 pairs, can you confirm that this is of the Sleepbuds II, and not including the original Sleepbuds?

Does this happen when listening to any sound?

@shoemael Thanks also for posting. You've been through some great troubleshooting steps. The Sleepbuds II can only be updated through the Bose Sleep app. 

Once you have received your replacement, let us know if the issue persists.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

All 3 pairs was sleep buds 2, it happens with every sound, one ear bud is normal volume but the other one has next to no sound.

That is strange Pugdug2020. As it is happening with every sound, does anything appear to be blocking the ear tip or nozzle on the Sleepbuds? I would definitely recommend cleaning them in the manner shown in the owner's guide. I've added a picture of this below for you as well to reference.

Sleepbuds cleaning.JPG

Let me know if you hear any improvement after cleaning the buds!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

My replacement pair have been working perfectly for the last 3 nights.  I'm putting it down to a defect in the first pair.  If the replacements fail I'll let you know.

Thanks for following up on my issue.