Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin-g-g
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Sleep buds and snoring

I have just acquired I pair of sleep buds 2. Got these to help me sleep through my partner’s snoring, but find them totally useless. The only way I can mask the snoring is to turn the volume up on the background noise to such a level it drowns  out the snoring . Then I can’t sleep as the sleep bud noise is to loud. Am I missing something as a normal set of foam ear plugs work better at a fraction of the cost

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

3 REPLIES 3
Martin-g-g
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Re: Sleep buds and snoring

Just got these direct from Bose a few days ago and looking for advice. Also have a pair of SleepOn ear buds I use mainly for work and these generated white noise and are very effective in an industrial environment. Not tried with snoring yet

Frup
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Hi,

I purchased them against snoring too. I decided to purchase just when Bose pulled back V1. So I had to wait a long time.

They are working for me at an acceptable volume and using the right sound. I experimented with different sounds the first week to match the snoring frequency of my partner. I now use Warm Static sound. It is ok but not perfect. Sometimes I still hear her snoring if quite loud. All together I have a much better sleep without waking up often.

I wish Bose would offer more alternative sounds for better masking different frequencies.

Sleepexpert
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

TIP: I use Warm Static at 75-80% volume. Also the larger ear tips seated onto my ear canals. Wife snores like a freight train and I do not hear her. I estimate -40 dB attenuation.