wildcat1212
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Sleep buds won't connect to iPhone XS max but would to iPad

Hi

Since I bought the sleep buds they never connected to iphone XS max on ios 12.x 

BUT they will coneect to my ipad mini.

I have tries trunign on and off blue tooth, airplane mod, closing and opneing hte sleep app, deleteting and reinstalling sleep app, restarting the phone but it wont work with iphone XS max , i tried my wifes iphoneXS max too.

When i try to connect to sleep app on iphone XS max, it will find the sleep buds, i have to keep them very close to the phone almost like 3 inches form the phone, then when it comes to "add sllepbuds" i will get error message whcihc says sorry cnat connect to sleep buds and wants me to put them back in case and start the whole process again.

Is there soemkind on incompatibility with iphoen XS max? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Sleep buds won't connect to iPhone XS max but would to iPad

Hello wildcat1212, 

Thank you for messaging the community. I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with connecting your Sleepbuds to your iPhone XS Max. 

Have you ever been able to connect your Sleepbuds to your iPhone XS Max?

Can you please confirm that both your Bose Sleep app and Sleepbuds are up to date?

To update your Sleepbuds, please connect this to a computer via USB and visit btu.bose.com this website will provide you with instruction on how to perform an update. 

Please let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

wildcat1212
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Well I tired all the steps you suggested, I even got replacement sleep buds as one go my sleep bud was not charging and that new one is also having same issues. After multiple attempts if it connects to the phone as soon as I put them in my ears, they disconnect from the iPhone Xs max (now runnignOS 13.1)

I tried both on iPhone 5 running 10.3, it works , I tried on iPad mini they work.

So you have some issue with XS max and newer OS , NEED to release updated firmware.

Hi Wildcat1212, 

Thank you for coming back to us and following up! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with your Sleepbuds. 

I would recommend uninstalling the app from your iPhone XS Max and installing it again. 

I would also recommend double-checking the Firmware version of the Sleepbuds by following the steps outlined by @Tegan_M above. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

wildcat1212
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

OK Confirms software is uptodate by connection bose charging device to computer and running bose updater.

Removed and reinstalled bose sleep app for the 4th time.

rebooted phone

turned on and off and on bluetooth 

turn on and off airplane mode.

Still iPhone XS max will detect sleep buds but won't connect, please note that I have tried on 2 different iPhone XS max. so you can't say that BT on my phone is broken. many other devices works well with this phones, including bose noise cancelling headsets.

I have old iPhone 7, updated os to iOS 13 and it works fine. 

So it has something to do with iPhone XS max.

Hi Wildcast1212, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am deeply sorry to hear that your issue still persists. 

With the new IOS13 update our applications require Bluetooth to be enabled for the application. This can be done via Settings > Bose Sleep App > Bluetooth Sharing Enabled. 

Please attempt this and update us on the result of this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

wildcat1212
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

BT in the setting for sleep buds was already on.

Please note iOS 13 on iPhone 7 vs iPhone XS max , iPhone 7 it works fine while xs max it does not.

it did not work even with ios 12, i believe iPhone XS max has some newer form of blue tooth module which may be the reason ?

Hello wildcat1212, 

This is very strange as I have an iPhone XS on 13.1 and have no problems. Additionally, we have tested with an iPhone XS Max (on iOS 13.1) to be sure and could not replicate the issue. 

Therefore, I would have to recommend that you carefully follow these exact steps:

- Remove any nearby devices which have previously paired with the Sleepbuds by disabling Bluetooth. This will eliminate any chance of interference.

- Uninstall the Bose Sleep app

- Reset the Sleepbuds and charging case. To do this, place the Sleepbuds in the case, then insert a paper clip into the reset hole located next to the charging port. You will feel a click to indicate that the reset process is complete.

- Install the Bose Sleep app again

- Re-attempt the setup process

Please get back to us and feedback the results of these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G