Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

SleepApp 3.0.2 - a bit better connection, but still disconnects every night

Hello everybody! 

So the SleepApp is a bit better in terms of the connection. But still - if with 3.0.1 my right bud disconnected every night, now, with 3.0.2 my left bud disconnects every night, albeit a bit later. Still, dear Bose, disconnects happen. And still abrupt sound shut off, when the auto-off timer kicks in really wakes me up almost every time. If you please could make the connection more stable and implement fade out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SleepApp 3.0.2 - a bit better connection, but still disconnects every night

Author Accepted Answer selected by Skfir

Thanks for joining the discussion dstub70! Have you tried removing the Sleepbuds from the application and then re-adding them? I have included a LINK HERE that may help you. 

Hey @Skfir, Thanks for coming back to us! As your Sleepbuds seem to work correctly on the iOS device, I would recommend removing the application from the android device and then reinstalling it.

Let us know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Hey Skfir, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to the Community today. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a strange connection issue with 3.0.2! This isn't something I have seen any other users experience. 

Can you please let me know if this issue happens with all devices you have the Sleep App on or just one particular device? I'll also be sure to make note of your feedback on the volume of the shut-off sound. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Hello Hector and thank you for the reply. This issue happens with my Sleepbuds 2 only. On the 3.0.1 my right bud disconnected every night, now on the 3.0.2 the right buds keeps connected, but the left bud now disconnects. It is not a huge deal since all the data is in the buds, but it is still an abnormal issue. Forgetting the buds didn't help alas. 

Hector, could I also request to make the auto-off time selection a bit more flexible? Two hours isn't enough, and four hours is too much. If we could have 30 mins or 60 mins increment?

Highlighted

Thanks for updating me on this Skfir. 

Does the issue occur when using a different mobile device with the Sleep App on? 

These steps here should help resolve this connection issue that you are currently having. I'd love to raise this timer adjustment for you as a feature request. 

If any other users would like to see the auto-off timer extended please do let us know. 

Let us know how you get on with these steps. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Thank you for that Hector! 

Yes, I have tried those steps. Unfortunately I only have one android device at my disposal. I will try an iOS device tonight and see if it would help.

Highlighted

You are more than welcome! 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the IOS device. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2020

Sleepbuds 2 (left bud) took multiple attempts to connect to iOS device after functioning properly for a few weeks. I reset the unit, but am not sure that that was a factor in it finally connecting.  Then, however, it disconnected in the middle of the night, the app showing a 1% charge. I attempted to update the firmware; however, the updater app indicated that it did not recognize the sleepbud unit (error message: “no dice”).  Where to from here? 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

OK, tried the iOS tonight, and can confirm that it works very well. No disconnects, no problems whatsoever. So the problem is in the Android version perhaps? I will try to disconnect all other BT devices tonight and check if it would help. 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Skfir

Thanks for joining the discussion dstub70! Have you tried removing the Sleepbuds from the application and then re-adding them? I have included a LINK HERE that may help you. 

Hey @Skfir, Thanks for coming back to us! As your Sleepbuds seem to work correctly on the iOS device, I would recommend removing the application from the android device and then reinstalling it.

Let us know how you get on! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Hi Jessie, I have done all the steps you provided plus disconnected all other BT devices for the sake of clarity. Everything worked fine tonight. Although some disconnects happened, the buds managed to reconnect automatically with no any problems. I will however check again tonight with a BT light alarm being on and see if the issue was caused by having multiple devices on at the same time.