Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Sleepbud 2 Case Light Status

This is my first pair of Sleepbuds (2). Looking at the Sleepbud case, I see 3 different sets of lights; a left rectangular light (I suppose that indicates that the left earbud is in its proper holder area), 4 circles (maybe this is the charge level? - the right most is currently blinking), and a right rectangular light (again, I suppose that indicates the right earbud is in its proper holder area).  Maybe I missed something, but i don't see anything about the cars lights in the small owner's manual and didn't find anything in the forum.  Can you a) confirm the left and right rectangular lights are for proper seating, and b) provide status indications for the 4 circular center lights (i.e, solid = , blinking = ?)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sleepbud 2 Case Light Status

Author Accepted Answer selected by kit_carson007

You are more than welcome Kit! 

You can perform a reset on the Sleepbuds II by following the instructions in this article here

Please do let us know if you need any further support after the reset. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hey @kit_carson007

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

This is a great question! I have included a LINK HERE which will give all the information you need regarding the LED's and the LED status. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Thanks for the light indication information.  However, 1 question remains regarding how to reset the Sleepbuds when not charging correctly (i.e. 1st, 3rd, and 5th LEDs solid).  The link in the document you sent me does not bring up relevant info on this issue.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by kit_carson007

You are more than welcome Kit! 

You can perform a reset on the Sleepbuds II by following the instructions in this article here

Please do let us know if you need any further support after the reset. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

FYI:

I have owned my Sleepbuds II for a month will no issues. Initially the outer case lights flash normally. Recently, on the Left bud only, I see the bottom 1st, 3rd, and 5th lights flashing after 15 minutes of charge. To remedy this issue, I removed/replaced the the Left bud and it charges normally without error. I also cleaned the case bud contacts and reset the case previously but this did not correct the problem. I use the buds for 9 hours each night.

According to Bose this condition is a charging issue. I just hope that the Left bud is not failing.

Highlighted

No worries Sleepexpert. you are correct that the light pattern you are seeing does indicate that there is an error charging. As you mentioned this only happens with the left bud, have you been charging the left and right bud separately? If so, do you still see the 3 lights when you charge both together?

I'd also recommend looking at using another power supply when charging to see if you see the same error then. You can use any USB charger that is a 5 V UL-rated charger with the Sleepbuds. If you are using a charger that is not rated for this currently it could explain why you are seeing this error.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

I have done some testing and determined that it is a bud to case alignment issue. I set the Left bud in the case and the magnet snaps it into place with 3 lights lit initially. If I move the bud a bit it fixes the problem. The bud contacts are clean and the case pins are OK. I changed the power supply to a quality 5V 2Amp unit. This made no difference. I always charge both buds at the same time. So within a month of use the problem developed.

Highlighted

Thanks for letting us know that Sleepexpert!

As it seems to be related to how the left bud is aligned in the charging case, and the connectors on both sides seem to be ok, at this point I would recommend reaching out to your local support team to look into service options for the Sleepbuds. 

You can find the contact information for your local team at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page. 

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I have been having the same issue with just the left ear bud. Have to remove and put it back in to start charging as indicated by the 5 case lights and flashing left charge light. For the last three days I have managed to not have the issue if I slightly put some water from my finger onto the left bud contact before putting it into the case. This seems to make it make a better contact for charging to occur.

I will do this method as can’t sleep without these buds.