Apr 27, 2019
I am STILL waiting for the RA from Bose after experiencing this same 48% problem plus feedback in my other bud. Seems like these are just defective. Now what do I do? Sit on hold for another 45 minutes waiting for someone to tell me that I should wait another 10 days for the emai? Seems to me like these need to be recalled. I have had these 5 months. Way to go BOSE!
"- In the evening app displays 58% for left bud, 100% for right bud."
I have have the same problem, no solutions and answers from Bose support.
Hello @rbflorida, and welcome to the Community!
I'm sorry to hear of the continued issues you've had with the Sleepbuds and would be happy to point you in the right direction.
As you have already attempted the case reset and downloaded the correct firmware, can I ask that you check the following please?
1) Make sure that the charging contacts for each Sleepbud are visible through the back of each StayHear+ Sleep tip.
2) Ensure that the cable connecting the charging case to power is correctly seated, and that the buds are also seated correctly within the case.
3) Make sure there is no debris or wax buildup covering the charging contacts on the Sleepbuds or the charging pins in the case. You can clean this by dabbing gently with a cotton swab/bud. Please ensure that you are not cleaning with a Wiping motion as this could potentially damage the charging pins or force moisture into the case.
If you have tried all of the above, please get back to me with a picture of the buds in the charging case when these are at the 58% you see.
I hope this helps!
-Liam_W - Community Support
Thank you for providing this information.
It looks as though you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend.
At this point, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.
Have a great day!
May 9, 2019
RIGHT EAR BUD NOT CHARGING PAST 38% - ISSUE SOLVED (see instructions below)
This week I started having the "Right Ear Bud not charging past 38%" issue.
The Right Ear bud would stop half way through the night.
After much frustration I called a specific department for Bose at 800-905-1273.
The tech asked me to complete the following, and afterwards, I am happy to say my Bose SleepBuds are 100% charged on BOTH EARS!
1. Uninstall the App, Reinstall the App
2. Clean the Charge Base connectors, and Ear Bud connectors (Gold circles)
3. Reset (using a paperclip) the Charging Base (insert paperclip in little hole beside charge plugin on back of Charging Base)
4. UPDATE CHARGE BASE SOFTWARE. Go to website www.btu.bose.com, connect the Charge Base to your PC using the charger USB.
The Update is 2.0 Firmware and specifically address issues with EarBuds not charging fully (hence the 38%)
Hope this helps - sleep well !
Mar 26, 2019
Thank you for posting your solutions to the community, posting really helps other users looking for a fix to their issue get it solved quicker!