Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Re: Right sleepbud failing to charge past 14%?

Hi - I'm having the same issue as everyone else. My RIGHT earbud will not charge more than 58%.

The indicator light on the case continues to blink as if it's charging, but it doesn't.

I've reset the case (stuck a pin in the back until I heard a click) and confirmed I'm operating with the latest firmware and software updates. This has been an ongoing problem for the last week. At first, I thought the earbud was just not connecting properly, but I've checked it multiple times during an 8-hour charging period, and it has been connected each time (light blinking) but the app constantly says it has a 58% charge.

Please help!

Highlighted

Re: Right sleepbud failing to charge past 14%?

Hi Gvonada, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are also having issues with your Sleepbuds charging. 

Firstly, I would recommend ensuring that your Sleepbuds are connected properly to the charging case. The contacts should be aligned and the lights on the outside edge should flash while charging, or solid if fully charged as well as making sure that the charging contacts for each Sleepbud are visible through the back of each StayHear+ Sleep tip. If you have attempted all troubleshooting methods that are suggested in this article here and your issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

I’m having the exact same issue. The right earbud won’t charge beyond 58% and I find it hard to believe that that’s a coincidence. Certainly sounds like a bug. I’m also experiencing the magnet falling off issues, I’m on my third pair of sleepbuds now and the magnet of one sleepbud just came off. All in all very disappointed in the lackluster quality of the product. Expected way better from Bose.
Highlighted

Hello Rubenve, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you have had issues with numerous sets of the Sleepbuds. I would urge you to reach out to your local support center to arrange a replacement set if you have tried all troubleshooting steps and to discuss the issue with your magnet falling off. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Ditto but it's my left one. It did charge then after the update and I was able to finally update the buds because they were past 58% (I was getting so frustrated because it kept telling me to update them but they had to be at 60% and it kept being at 58%).Well, did the firmware update for the charger, then was able to update the buds but since that day it's showing them charging (both lights blinking for each bud and the middle dots are showing 5 dots) but when I go to use them it's showing left is at 58% and right is at 100%. I'm getting pissed.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Mine have just started doing it AFTER the last update.

Bose just don't seem to care that their updates are causing more problems than they solve.

This is the last Bose product I buy. And I'll be telling everyone I know not to buy from them as they just don't seem to care.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Bose seem to like blaming the customers.

Mine has just started doing the same thing, and it is always around 56 to 58%

Bose are the ones creating the problems with poor quality firmware updates.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

I too have the 58% problem. I hope Bose take the proper action in regards to these problems.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

Hello, yes I have. I am in the midst of the exchange process since any troubleshooting I've read here or was instructed to do over the customer service line has failed. I will be pleasantly surprised if the replacement device works as intended since it doesn't seem to do the trick for other consumers. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Yup, just called to have mine exchanged too. I did everything the website said to do and what the gentleman told me to do as far as updating the charging case and buds themselves, did the paperclip thing with the charger, unplugged charger to charge without being plugged into the wall, made sure they were lined up and blinking (both the dots and each line under the buds) before sliding the charger closed. None of this worked. The guy I talked to today even verified it was a factory bug.