ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Re: How am I supposed to update my sleepbuds when they won't charge pass 58%?

I am responding to the most recent post. I am now having the same problem with one Bud not charging fully. I will contact Bose tomorrow for a replacement, which will be my THIRD!

I cannot believe that this company has not come through with a fix for what appears to be a common and frustrating problem.

Software updates to Buds and case and resetting case do not help. Tried this multiple times including last couple of days.

As much as I rely on these devices, I cannot recommend them to anyone because of this bug.

Highlighted
MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Sleep buds Battery issue - resetting case doesn't help

I've been having battery charging issues with my sleepbuds. The app constantly says that one of them is half charged, even when the case was un-disturbed and I know they should be fully charged, and even shows that they are...but the app doesn't. I found instructions on resetting my sleepbuds case and letting them fully charge, but this doesn't resolve the issue. It seems like the app is just wrong..what can I do? Clearing cache in the app and closing completely doesn't help either. This is unbearable! Help please!

Re: How am I supposed to update my sleepbuds when they won't charge pass 58%?

Hi Ivorcaro, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry that you have had this experience and haven't been able to resolve the issue via troubleshooting methods from this thread. 

I also appreciate the feedback and troubleshooting steps that you have attempted. As you have exhausted all troubleshooting steps that I would recommend for an issue like this then, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I would encourage any other community members that come across this issue to please attempt the steps in this thread and if unsuccessful to reach out to our customer support team as listed above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Hi ruckeyA and Mmbaker3171966, 

Thank you both for posting and sharing your experience with the Sleepbuds with the community. I am sorry to hear that you are both experiencing a similar issue. 

If you have attempted all methods of troubleshooting from this thread then,  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. @Mmbaker3171966 please do reach back out to our customer service as soon as possible as this isn't something that you should be experiencing with your new set and I can only apologize that you are having this experience. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

rtmyer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I'm also having a problem with my left earbud not charging beyond 58%. I tried all of the troubleshooting tips but still having issues. The problem started about 2 weeks ago. A few times I will charge the earbuds and both will say 100% but about 5 minutes later the left goes back to 58%. Disappointed because the sleep buds had been helping a lot. Now after about 6 hours I wake up because the left earbud stops working 

Cntrygynsd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2018

I'm having the same issue. Third set of sleep buds from Bose with the same issue, experiencing the issue now. Their only solution is send the defective pair back and then they'll send you a replacement. Takes between 2 and 3 weeks to get the replacements. Not the best solution to a very repetitive issue.Kind of frustrating we have to keep sending Bose their faulty products over and over with zero compensation. I feel like a 1 year beta tester for a failed product.

jason101
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Bose have ruined their reputation with both the Sleepbuds and the firmware updates for their headphones.

It also doesn't help that all they want to do is replace the sleepbuds with another pair when they have solved the problem in the first place.

Lmjowenscobb
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Mine worked for two weeks and then the exact same problem happened to me. I tried literally every troubleshooting maneuver and it did not work. I just exchanged mine today because I finally gave up on that pair. I am scared to update the software because that is when I started having issues. Best of luck with your new pair.

Cntrygynsd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2018

I'm thinking it has something to do with the update (to the buds, not the case) as well. I may turn off updates on this pair and see if that fixes the issue. Looks like I'll get them Friday! Hopefully the 4th set is a charm! 

MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Hello, I'm having similar issues, and 

after selecting the US, I am directed to the main page with products. My sleep buds should have both been at 100% after charging today, but the right said 100 and the left said 58. I reset the case as I have done countless times before and they charged, saying 100% for each, then I put them back in the case. When I went to use them just now, the left one says 61% after it was 100 earlier and being put back in the case. This is frustrating. Can someone who can help me contact me please? Is there a way to go back to previous versions of the app before updates? This happened after the update that I was asked to do on my app last week.