Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Hello MistyStar,

Thank you very much for your message, I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue also with your Sleepbuds. 

Unfortunately at this time there is no way to downgrade the firmware of your product. I understand your frustrations regarding this, but we would recommend that you contact your regions product support team via the information provided above and an agent will be able to do what they can to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Can you provide me the information to contact the support team? Like I said, the link, after selecting my country, takes me to a product page. I need assistance.

Re: How am I supposed to update my sleepbuds when they won't charge pass 58%?

Hello MistyStar,

I am very sorry that you are having trouble finding your support teams conact information. 

Can you please inform me of your country of residence and I will happily guide you to the appropriate information. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M 

MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

United States

Hello MistyStar,

Thank you very much for confirming this. 

You can contact our US support team via this link.

I hope this helps. 

Tegan M 

SleepDeprived
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 17, 2019

Crazy, crazy issues that keep coming up with these Bose Sleepbuds -- my right bud, too, will not charge beyond 58%.  Yet the app still prompts me for an update and says that at least 60% charge is required to download and install it!  Bose Reps: Has anyone fixed this issue with all the time-consuming resets, etc., that you keep suggestiing for this faulty product???  

SleepDeprived
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 17, 2019

If you're in the U.S. the warranty is for two years, and you can just call up Bose and arrange for a replacement.  I think their number is 800 905 1273.

ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I agree that this is the only way to deal with this. I do not believe that there is a fix that customers can perform. They are responsive to replacing the Buds and sent out my new ones before I had sent in old ones. However, there is obviously a flaw in this product that Bose needs to correct. These are my 4th pair in less than a year. 

Highlighted
luvsdaheat
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Less than 3 months use, right has the 58% "disease"

We bought the Sleepbuds this past April; they were miraculous!  My wife no longer 'gently' wakes me in the middle of the night (because I apparently peel the wallpaper off the walls when I snore...)   Bose has done a terrific job with the "white noise" part, and with how comfortable they fit the ear - Bravo! 

I joined the Community yesterday because the right was at 11% and the left was at 46% after normal sleep -- they were 100% before use. Last night they both charged up OK, and today, after charging to 100% on both, and before use, the left went down to 99% and right immediately dropped to 58%!!  great.   It's like I jinxed myself after reading the posts on the issue...

Tonight, after confirming they're clean, aligned and updated, I reset the charger.  20 minutes charging the left is 100%, and the right is at 65% --- better, but charging very slowly...almost 40 minutes in a fully charged charger and the right is only up to 68%.

I believe our Sleepbuds may have joined the '3 month club'...sigh

Like everyone who's posted their experiences and frustrations, there's only one conclusion about this ongoing problem:  there's a flaw in either the design or manufacture of this product, period.  Newer models suffer the same problem.  Updates have not permanently resolved it.  Users should not be expected to perform endless Troubleshooting, fidgeting, resetting or anything beyond ensuring they're clean, and correctly set into their charge ports.  

With respect to the Mods - who seem to genuinely want to help (thank you!) - and Bose who from what I read, are standing behind the product -- this issue is not simply an issue --- it is truly a fatal flaw with the case, or Sleepbuds, electrics, electronics or firmware...it's not just an "issue".

UPDATE:  7-16-19

Both finally showed 100% charge before use last night.  At four a.m. the right died, while the left had over 50%.  Returning this pair for replacement.

mballen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Less than 3 months use, right has the 58% "disease"

bought mine in February...I've had the 58% problem now for several weeks so yeah, right around 3months my right bud lost battery capacity.  I've done all sorts of troubleshooting tips I've read...restarting case over and and over again...removing and immediately replacing the offending bud over and over...I can occassionally get them to charge back up but often times it's temporary.  As in, I can get both to 100% and then put them in the case and wait until bedtime only to pull them out have the right bud back at 58%!!

I did get them to 100% a few nights ago and then slept in them...when I woke up the left bud was around 50% charged and the right bud was down to 11% which tells me it is a bad battery in the bud!  And after only a few months!

Bose, you guys really need to issue a recall on these....