thatzall
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Update to my posts. Never could get my left bud to charge fully AND then the magnet came off as others have experienced. Called for a replacement set and they arrived the next day. Then I sent my originals back to them. Been 10 days and all is good so far. Keeping fingers crossed. 

Williamshi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Bose just doesn’t care. So many customers affected. So little help. Such a stupid software. 

Hello Williamshi, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

If you are experiencing this problem with your Noise-masking Sleepbuds, have you been able to perform the troubleshooting methods provided?

Should the issue persist, please contact your local Customer Service Center who will be more than happy to help with this matter. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Highlighted
Williamshi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

That won’t help. They will just replace a pair and then the problem comes back. We all know it’s a firmware issue but your company just won’t update it. 

alex_haddock
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

@Williamshi wrote:

That won’t help. They will just replace a pair and then the problem comes back. We all know it’s a firmware issue but your company just won’t update it. 

Thats my concern too.  I left mine for about 10 days in the case unplugged. Both the case and the sleepbuds were totally flat. Thought what the hell and charged them. Both earbuds charged to 100% (the first time managed to get the left beyond 58% in weeks of trying). That allowed me to update the firmware, use them that night and both lasted the full duration of the night as they originally did which says to me it isn't the battery in the left bud thats the issue. Went to use them the next night and the left bud had only charged to 47% this time which appears to be its new "58%".

Rhmipm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Re: Sleep buds not charging properly

Note I have same issue and reset still does not work for one of the pods. I would like to update but cannot. (sleep bud is at 58% but needs 60% prior to update) any thoughts on solutions?

Re: Sleep buds not charging properly

Hello Rhmipm,

Thank you very much for your message, I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your Noise Masking Sleepbuds. 

Have you attempted all the other troubleshooting suggested within this thread? We recommend testing the connections of your Sleepbuds to your charging case to ensure that they are securely placed. 

If you have attempted these and they show no result, please contact your regions Bose Technical Support team where an agent will be able to assist you further. Please select this link, pick your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us' there you will find the appropriate contact information. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

jaffrey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

I really like the Sleepbuds. Light, comfortable and works well. But the charging is a fiasco. I have the same trouble with 58%. In general, it’s not a big deal since 58% is sufficient for a night. But it doesn’t allow you to update the software and that’s a real pain. Bose can just fix it to change 58% to say 95% and be done!

missiesabo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

I am having the EXACT same issue with my right earbud! Won't charge above 58% & turns off in the middle of the night. This is my second pair & I have tried all the troubleshooting too. I will check out the posts below to see if there are any helpful hints. If not, I will be calling Bose next week for sure!

Hi Jaffrey and Missiesabo, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this issue and would love to help you resolve this. 

You can also attempt to update the Sleepbuds software via the Bose Online Updater. @jaffrey please do attempt the steps that are listed in this thread to help you resolve your issue. 

@missiesabo I am sorry that the steps did not resolve your issue and if the online update listed above doesn't resolve this for you then please do get in touch with our customer support team via the contact us page on our website. 

I look forward to hearing back from you both regarding this! 

Kind Regards,

Hector B