Katjuggler
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Bose sleep buds won’t fully charge

I am having the same exact issue with my left bud. It almost always will only charge to 58%. It also says it will last nine hours on that charge but it last more like 5 hours.

DLMT
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Me too; 58% regardless of how long they’re charging. This is my second pair; 1st pair did exactly the same & were swapped for this new pair by Portsmouth store... so give the number of people with the EXACT same 58% issue, it’s a bug. Will it get worse or will it be fixed, though... as I now depend upon my buds and don’t want to give them up, not ever! 

banpainterman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

So after persevering with the 58% right bud not charging and unable to update I took the opportunity to return my sleepbuds to my Bose UK supplier (John Lewis). I returned home hopefully that all would be good and guess what 100% charge but an update is required but they wont update so can't be used at all. I'm in a loop of buds not found, connecting, need to update, no dice and update failed. I think the words no dice sums it up.

And yes I've tried all the things asked by the app and on this forum

I should have stuck with the old 58% pair, at least I would have got some sleep tonight.

Hello banpainterman, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with both sets of your Noise-masking Sleepbuds. I understand how frustrating this must be. 

Could you please confirm what is happening when you are trying to update the headphones?

Additionally, could you please use the Bose Updater on your computer to ensure that the charging case is also running the latest available firmware. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

banpainterman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Charging case all updated,

phone connects to buds

u need a update 

update fails no dice 

phone connects to buds 

u need a update ......................................

MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Has anyone else noticed the point when this problem started with their sleep buds?  I suspect I'm not alone.. the issue happened with my sleep buds AFTER I updated them.  I got the replacements, and as expected, the app says to update.  I am hesitant to update them because that's when this all started in the first place.  And without updating the new ones yet, they are working perfectly.  Has this been the case for anyone else?

MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Is there any possibility to a resolution for this problem?  It arised with my sleep buds after updating them through the app.  Resetting the case with a paper clip does no good, updating the case through the computer app does no good.  I got replacements but am terrified of when this will probably start happening again (I have read where people have gotten replacements more than once).  This seems unreasonable..

MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Has anyone else noticed the point when this problem started with their sleep buds?  I suspect I'm not alone.. the issue happened with my sleep buds AFTER I updated them.  I got the replacements, and as expected, the app says to update.  I am hesitant to update them because that's when this all started in the first place.  And without updating the new ones yet, they are working perfectly.  Has this been the case for anyone else?

Is there any possibility to a resolution for this problem?  Resetting the case with a paper clip does no good, updating the case through the computer app does no good.  I got replacements but am terrified of when this will probably start happening again (I have read where people have gotten replacements more than once).  This seems unreasonable..

Highlighted
Rene__
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

New phenomenon today, both buds won’t charge beyond 58% !! App says 9 hours but it is no more than max 5 hours. Come on Bose sort this out quickly.

MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Me too..the amount of hours was not accurate after that problem started.