Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Just found this forum and am dismayed to find that the '58% problem' is so widespread. 

I've had my sleepbuds since March and they have been a real marriage saver. Unfortunately over the last week my left bud has been showing fully charged but only 58% on the app and dying after a couple of hours use.

Really hoping Bose will sort this out

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

I’ve received my replacement pair on 7/5 and today the 58% issue popped up again with the new pair. I guess I’m going to have to request yet another replacement *sigh*.

The next pair is going to be my fifth pair and I’m really starting to lose my patience. Stop sending us replacements that have the same problem, stop leaving your customers (or should I say beta testers?) in the dark and finally fix this issue. This crap has been going on for way too long and I’m sick and tired of it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Having the exact issue. Brand new replacement sleep buds. Right bud will not charge over 58% ... Have reset case, ensured all firmware is up to date, and reinstalled software. Currently, i am running the left bud to 0 (where is where the right one always ends up, if it is working at all, at the end of the night). Any additional steps I should take when this does not work?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Not sure if you had seen this earlier post:

This solution comes from a member called Sleepman, I have no credit when it comes to solving this issue.

Sleepman’s solution: "The solution is to “jumpstart” the malfuctioning bud. To do this plug in the charging case to AC power. Place the offending bud on the terminals for about 15 seconds. Then remove the bud and immediately place it back again. Do this for about 3 minutes. Alternatively instead of removing the bud you can reset the case every 15 seconds for about 3 minutes. This will “fix” the issue and sleep-buds should charge back to 100 percent on next charging cycle and keep their charge. As time goes by and buds go thru charging cycles they can go into lazy mode again. Repeat “jumpstart” procedure as needed."

I have not yet had to try it as (so far) my replacemtns are still ok.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Ivorcaro, I had not seen. Many thanks!!

-Brett

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Please let us know if it works.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

It works for me. But I need to do the jump start for every charge. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

if you have to do it for every charge, then it doesn't work.

i can appeciate that it works for you, and that's great!

but if you bought a $250 shirt and it looked lovely, but you had to sew the buttons on every time you wore it, it wasn't a good purchase.

in other news, best buy has the sleepbuds at a $50 discount, which i am taking as a clear indication that they are trying to move the inventory. whether that means bose has given up and has plans to discontinue the product, i couldn't tell you.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Agree that having to do it every time is not a solution. Just checked Bose website and it is also reduced by $50!!!!!!!!!!

Current users should receive a $50 check. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Discontinuing the product would be quite a slap in the face for the current userbase. They should at least fix this issue before pulling the plug on the project.