ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Re: And again with the charging issue

I agree with you that Bose customer support is treating this obvious engineering flaw as just "bad batches" and that a new unit might fix it, which obviously is not the case.

Unfortunately, I've learned that this forum is merely a "peer-to-peer" support system, so Bose likely is not going to be reading any of these complaints nor are they likely to post anything official here. Perhaps on their main website, (or I'm just being an optimist) For some customers, they've been complaining of this issue for months now, and we still have not heard any official word from Bose addressing this issue.

I'm leaning more and more towards just asking for a refund and going to https://quieton.com/shop/

pete3037
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Well I have requested a replacement again for the 5th time. I guess my frustration level has reached its peak and I filed a complaint with the BBB. I'll see what kind of response I get from Bose, at this point any reputable company would have a solution. So a refund is what I'll be asking for, granted I'd rather have them working. Bose will ship them to me on Monday next day so I should see them on Tueday. The support person also requested the latest model be sent to me since all the replacements I received have been lower serial number then what I have sent back which the Bose rep /support confirmed to me becasue they keep track of the serial numbers.  

UKstages
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

i received my fourth pair yesterday. both charged to 100% with no problem, but, of course they always do that at first. i received the update message, but did not update. i used the buds last night and was awoken at 2:18 AM by an errant alarm. i did not set an alarm, nor would i have for somethinhg as odd as 2:18 AM. but i looked in my list of alarms... and - whomp - there it is... an alarm set for 2:18 AM. new problem?

and, at this point, with my fourth pair, i just assumed my new buds would be sent via one-day shipping as pairs two and three had, but nope, as good as the call center folks generally are... this one did not send them via one-day air. so i had to wait a few days for these.

i reached out to phil hess on linkedin a few days ago asking him to connect with me so we could discuss the sleepbuds problem and the loss of goodwill and loyalty among his customers. he hasn't accepted my inviation to connect.

fingers crossed on my fourth pair, which does indeed have a serial number higher than the last pair... whether or not that actually means it's from new "improved" stoick, i couldn't tell you... but, let's be real... i've seen this movie before... and i know how it ends. spiolier alert: in the closing reel, i realize i'm out two hundred and fifty bucks and bose walks off into the sunset. and there ain't no sequel.

Deepdown
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

I’m now on my third set after having the 58% issue that many people are experiencing with the last two sets. This time I have ignored all update requests and have kept firmware V5.0.0 on the buds. So far this set have lasted longer than the other two so maybe it is a firmware bug that Bose aren’t doing anything about? I have my fingers crossed that this pair keep working correctly because they give me the best night’s sleep I’ve had in years.

Maybe we should all take to Twitter with our problems and tag every one with @boseservice. They may take notice then.

UKstages
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

great idea, however, the Bose service twitter handle isn't very active. the last post was six weeks ago... and the one before that was six months earlier. just three posts since last december, actually... it's as if they have given up being responsive to their customers, especially on social media.

better, perhaps, would be to continue to reach out to their CEO...  and to suggest a story idea (sleepbuds failure and lack of meaningful response) to writers at popular technology and audiphile blogs and magazines... and to leave honest feedback and reviews on all sites where sleepbuds are sold (amazon, bestbuy,  etc.)

prosume
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Went to the Bose store to have my sleep buds replaced due to 58% battery problem, which I was not aware of at the time. They gave me a new pair no questions asked. I picked up the new NC 700 headphones while I was there.

A week later and the new Sleep Buds exhibit the 58% problem AGAIN while the NC 700 headphones have two known problems you can find on their forums - 1) Companion app logs you out constantly (required to change headphone settings), and 2) the Headphones aren’t recognized by app after logging back in requiring a re-do of the setup.

One thing is clear - Im returning all of this stuff tomorrow. Thank god I found this thread. The poor quality of the NC 700 app/firmware made me realize the sleep buds battery issue was not a fluke and likely another quality issue. I can’t believe Bose hasn’t addressed this directly?! 

A shame after the original wired noise cancelling ear buds and wireless sound sport buds lasted me each for 3+ years.

Guoda
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

As, sadly, this is nothing more than "self help forum", I'm just logging "progress" of my "not charging to 58%" issue so that those considering buying this thing could find the info. Long story short:

- bought sleepbuds January 2019 online from Germany

- "not charging to more than 48% issue started for left sleepbud end of February 2019

- local support refused to help in any way start of March 2019 (refused, as sleepbuds were bought online in another country)

- after some update "not charging to more than 48%" issue was replaced with "not charging to more than 58%" issue

- after another update "left bud not charging to more than 58%" was replaced with "BOTH buds not charging to more than 58%, but sometimes displaying fake 100%" issue

- at the end of July 2019 left bud started showing 'charged to 58%', but falls to 1% in approx. 1.5 hours

- this night (middle of August 2019) is first time when left bud was showing 'charged to 58%' and then changed to 1% in 30 SECONDS!

So I feel I have a very expensive earplugs and nothing more, as I guess it is just a matter of time when right bud will start not charging even to those 58% 😞

Thank all of you who log changing to 4th, 5th etc. pair of sleepbuds. I feel it really saves me money - shipping from another country for exchange would cost a lot.

P.S. For Bose "must to reply something" people - we do not need yet another "try to update / reboot" post here. All updates, reboots and every other possible solution from this forum has been tried out already.

Stephjkm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Just found this forum and am dismayed to find that the '58% problem' is so widespread. 

I've had my sleepbuds since March and they have been a real marriage saver. Unfortunately over the last week my left bud has been showing fully charged but only 58% on the app and dying after a couple of hours use.

Really hoping Bose will sort this out

rubenve
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

I’ve received my replacement pair on 7/5 and today the 58% issue popped up again with the new pair. I guess I’m going to have to request yet another replacement *sigh*.

The next pair is going to be my fifth pair and I’m really starting to lose my patience. Stop sending us replacements that have the same problem, stop leaving your customers (or should I say beta testers?) in the dark and finally fix this issue. This crap has been going on for way too long and I’m sick and tired of it.

Highlighted
Baverick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Having the exact issue. Brand new replacement sleep buds. Right bud will not charge over 58% ... Have reset case, ensured all firmware is up to date, and reinstalled software. Currently, i am running the left bud to 0 (where is where the right one always ends up, if it is working at all, at the end of the night). Any additional steps I should take when this does not work?