Highlighted
ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Not sure if you had seen this earlier post:

This solution comes from a member called Sleepman, I have no credit when it comes to solving this issue.

Sleepman’s solution: "The solution is to “jumpstart” the malfuctioning bud. To do this plug in the charging case to AC power. Place the offending bud on the terminals for about 15 seconds. Then remove the bud and immediately place it back again. Do this for about 3 minutes. Alternatively instead of removing the bud you can reset the case every 15 seconds for about 3 minutes. This will “fix” the issue and sleep-buds should charge back to 100 percent on next charging cycle and keep their charge. As time goes by and buds go thru charging cycles they can go into lazy mode again. Repeat “jumpstart” procedure as needed."

I have not yet had to try it as (so far) my replacemtns are still ok.

Baverick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Ivorcaro, I had not seen. Many thanks!!

-Brett

ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Please let us know if it works.

jerryhu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

It works for me. But I need to do the jump start for every charge. 

UKstages
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

if you have to do it for every charge, then it doesn't work.

i can appeciate that it works for you, and that's great!

but if you bought a $250 shirt and it looked lovely, but you had to sew the buttons on every time you wore it, it wasn't a good purchase.

in other news, best buy has the sleepbuds at a $50 discount, which i am taking as a clear indication that they are trying to move the inventory. whether that means bose has given up and has plans to discontinue the product, i couldn't tell you.

ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Agree that having to do it every time is not a solution. Just checked Bose website and it is also reduced by $50!!!!!!!!!!

Current users should receive a $50 check. 

rubenve
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Discontinuing the product would be quite a slap in the face for the current userbase. They should at least fix this issue before pulling the plug on the project.

UKstages
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

current users should receive a check for the full purchase price; for most people that's $250.

it certainly does look like they might be discontinuing the product!

Baverick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

sorry, i asked Bose for a replacement before i even tried this ... I was too impatient - didn;t realize I would get such a fast response from the group. I just bled all of the power out of both buds and am currently recharging them. I was hoping this tactic could be a jump start. I will post the results. Thanks everyone. ****

*NEVER Pressed post. This did NOT WORK. 

cptnrandy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

I too have the 58% problem on my right bud - showed up just over a week ago. It will not last through a 7 hour sleep, probably less than 5 hours. 

These have been a great relief in sleep problems from tinnitus - constant high pitched squealing in the ears, but if they don't work they can't help. 

I had one set replaced because of the charging magnet coming off on one bud - no 58% problem with it. The new set worked fine for a couple of months before this. 

I've followed all of the reset instructions - the charge case was already at the most recent update, but I checked it against the software anyway. 

I'm traveling for the next week and a half, so I'll wait until after I return to see if they improve or have issued a fix, otherwise I'll request yet another replacement.