Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Hello Pedro69,

Thanks for getting back in touch. Yes, the buds should be in the case when performing a product reset, you just need to push the paperclip into the hole until it clicks then you can take the paperclip out as the reset steps have concluded.

If you are still having issues despite doing a reset and an update then I would recommend calling the customer care team you in your local area as they will be able to assist you further.

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further with this issue, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,
Zoe C 

Audible Advocate

thanks all! I tried all of these things & ended up contacting Bose & returning them for an exchange. Hoping that third time is a charm...

Animated Arbiter

Re: Possible Fix for the Not Charging 58% Thing...

I reset the case while it was open, saw the light turn off for a second and then back on, but unfortunately it did not fix the 58% issue.

This product has completely turned me off from Bose, as obviously there aren't actually any developers/engineers on this forum that can really help. Just likely an outsourced support team reciting the same canned response. Contacting customer support is leading to the same thing, just people handling stock and shipping, and nobody there who can actually fix the problem.

I really wish there was a way to actually contact Bose themselves, and not their supply chain.

Audible Advocate

Okay, I've just been on the phone to Bose UK customer support - 0333 3000 112 - and the polite gent on the other end suggested that I try to completely drain the battery in both sleepbuds (for 24hrs) and then recharge them in a 'fully charged' charging case.

I've got them sitting on the top of the charging case for now and will put them on charge about this time tomorrow evening

My 58% issue with the right sleepbud has recently changed to a 28% issue?! Hopefully draining them both and then fully charging them will help with this problem.

I'll report back. Smiley Happy

Audible Advocate

@Pedro69 wrote:

Okay, I've just been on the phone to Bose UK customer support - 0333 3000 112 - and the polite gent on the other end suggested that I try to completely drain the battery in both sleepbuds (for 24hrs) and then recharge them in a 'fully charged' charging case.

I've got them sitting on the top of the charging case for now and will put them on charge about this time tomorrow evening

My 58% issue with the right sleepbud has recently changed to a 28% issue?! Hopefully draining them both and then fully charging them will help with this problem.

I'll report back. Smiley Happy

I should add - the lad from Bose did say something about the sleepbud charging case not needing to be 'on charge' all the time.

I didn't ask much more about this and we agreed on the above course of action in the meantime.

Now I normally have my charging case plugged in and charging 'all of the time' on the bedside cabinet. Maybe I'll charge it every 2nd day or so from now on but let's see if the fully draining of the batteries fixes the not fully charging issue first of all.

Audible Advocate

this might work once - it did for me - but on the next charge cycle the 58% thing came back... so i just returned them to amazon. when i see a pinned message here from the admins that there is a firmware update, i might consider buying them again.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Just bought mine 5 days ago. After 2 nights got the 58% issue. I'll be returning these as I'm still within the 30 day trail. Looks like it's a major issue without a proper solution besides switching it off and on again, which by the way does nothing. I agree that this forum is not monitored by actual Bose technical support staff but people who copy and paste responses.

Encountering this after 2 uses is an embarrassment to Bose and their quality control team.