ben2140
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

My right bud is not fully charged again (stuck at 72%), and this is my second pair.

I got my first pair at SF bose store since the day it launches. If I remember it correctly, it worked fine until some new functions added into it.

pretty disappointed since I bought so many bose products

ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

@UKstages on another note, it seems the mods have locked my previous thread about trying to contact engineers to help with this issue:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/Is-there-a-way-to-contact-Bose-engineers/m-p/225698#M3492

Mods, what are we left with, then? Try to reset the device once again (which has been proven to NOT fix the issues) or contact customer support to ask for yet another replacement (which again, has been stated many times on this forum that the replacements have the same issues). This is clearly a product fault, and we'd love if Bose made an official comment regarding the matter.

Abbas
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

I had the same problem with my first pair, took them back and changed them with a new one which were fine for a couple of months but having the same issue again. Tried all the suggested fixes but none of the work.

Looks like I just have to keep repalcing them every few months! Luckily I got the from John Lewis and they exchange them without any question!

ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

It’s happening again!!!!!

Sooner than before. This is my 4th pair. Of course I am traveling. Will request newest serial numbers when I call. 

Unacceptable. Bose, when are you going to do something about this?

Highlighted
Baverick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

I got my replacement set yesterday. Serial number was, of course, lower than the one I had sent back. We know where this is going ..... You are wise to insist on latest SN ... Good luck.

ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Just called dedicated Sleepbuds line (is this new?). 20 minute wait. She knew not to ask if I had tried various work-around and after receiving serial numbers, arranged to ship new ones. Said she had no control over the serial numbers of new set. Hard to believe that Bose cannot deal with this and their reputation has taken a nose dive!!!

@Baverick wrote:

I got my replacement set yesterday. Serial number was, of course, lower than the one I had sent back. We know where this is going ..... You are wise to insist on latest SN ... Good luck.

MadridMonkey
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

I know this forum is for posting issues, however I've yet to read a case posted where someone experienced a pair of SleepBuds without this issue eventually surfacing (usually 3 months if not sooner). Has anyone received a pair charging correctly long term? Am I correct to believe this Bug\Defect exists with the entire inventory. 

I'm on my second set with the same 58% problem and my wife does not want to return them again just to have the problem resurface in 3 months, so she is just keeping them even though the one SleepBud runs out of power in the middle of the night. Yes, she likes them so much, that she is living with the issue. It gets her past my snoring 🙂 I'm wondering if customers that are not complaining are just living with the issue. 

If there are cases where the SleepBuds charge correctly, I guess the only option is to keep returning them until you receive a correctly functioning pair.

ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I have not seen a post stating that buds did not develop this issue over the long term. It is a hassle to return them but make sure they send you the new ones before you pack up and return the old ones. At least, will have buds without a gap (other than quitting in the middle of the night). 

I have reviewed buds on the Bose web site (not this community blog) so that people considering buying them understand that there is this major problem. Others should do the same and this may force Bose to do something. 

My last pair lasted only about a month so just as bad if not worse. 

ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

@ivorcaro that's a good suggestion. I'll post a review also.

On a quick note, do you think maybe the moderators or admin can untag this thread as SOLVED? I've been told to post on this thread for the ongoing discussion of the battery issue, but seeing the green SOLVED tag may give people false hope. (I understand that the original thread creator was the one who tagged it as solved, just weird for the moderators to let this thread continue and to direct new concerns to this specific thread.)

Jaws
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Have the same issue with my right one also, but in addition the 58% it only seems to last for about 1hour of use... 

I did however just update my chargin case to the 2.0 and it got the bud past the 58% let's see if it lasts the night