rubenve
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

I'm also trying the case update (v1.0 -> v2.0) to see if that fixes the issue. Fingers crossed, I'll post an update later.

Jaws
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

@Jaws wrote:

Have the same issue with my right one also, but in addition the 58% it only seems to last for about 1hour of use... 

I did however just update my chargin case to the 2.0 and it got the bud past the 58% let's see if it lasts the night

Looks promising, lasted the night, now just to see if it charges full and keeps it up,

thescot123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Major SleepBud Issues - 58%

This is my first rant about the sleepbuds. I have been enjoying these for over a year know and only started having issues when I updated the sleepbuds to the latest update. Everynight, the right sleepbud will get stuck at 58%. Sometimes, I can get it to charge to 100% if I reset the case at least 3 times. Another issue is that the right bud, even though it states 100%, will go flat after about 6 hours. Have no issues with the left bud. I have updated the case firmware, as it states fixes charging issues, but the problem still exists.

I really need these to work and am upset when I read this forum as it states that people are on there 3rd and 4th sets as the issues hasn't been fixed. Soemone mentioned that there is a dedicated support number for the sleepbuds. I tried calling last week but the prompts didn't mention sleepbuds so ended on some queue where I waited over 30 minutes before giving up. 

Does anyone know the support number for the USA where I can get this issues fixed? Also does Bose require you send the broken one in first before getting the new one? I really like this product but I feel like Bose is failing to address this issue. 

Jaws
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

@Jaws wrote:

@Jaws wrote:

Have the same issue with my right one also, but in addition the 58% it only seems to last for about 1hour of use... 

I did however just update my chargin case to the 2.0 and it got the bud past the 58% let's see if it lasts the night

Looks promising, lasted the night, now just to see if it charges full and keeps it up,

Nope... Full day of charging and ony 30%... So bummed out... 😞

Screenshot_20190822_165736_com.bose.corporation.bosesleep.jpg

ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Re: Major SleepBud Issues - 58%

I am awaiting my 5th set due today. There is a dedicated number for the buds but it is only to request a replacement set. Ask for them to arrive before sending back old set. I have tried everything including resetting the case and updating the firmware using computer yesterday (supposedly fixes the issue)and they appeared to charge correctly. However, left bud stopped during night so the problem not corrected. I do rely on these and Bose is just not dealing with this issue and disappointing previously loyal customers. Their reputation for quality has taken a nose dive. 

Jaws
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Just got trough with Bose support now, and they set up a service case and arrangement to replace my first set now, after digging a bit about it with the support rep, I was told that I needed to update the charging case on arrival, prior to using the buds.

Have any of you got this message? And if so, does that help? (dont think I have read that anywhere here) 

thescot123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

So it sounds like that they replace the case and both buds. How long did it take to get through to support and did they ask for the old ones back first? Do you know if the shipping is at your expense or does Bose cover that also. I have had issues with mine for a few months since updating the firwware on the buds. 

Jaws
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I am in Norway, but it took maybe 5min to get trough, so quickly.

Yes they replace the case and both buds, none of the accessories. 

Had to send mine in first and up to 3 weeks turnaround... 

Bose sendt me a return shipping sticker so no cost

Highlighted
MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I got my replacement in about a week, I think. I sent mine back to them after getting the replacement. They emailed me the free UPS shipping label.

ivorcaro
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

As per other answers, in the US they send out the complete box but only want the buds and case returned. Make sure they send replacement before you have to return. Email prepaid shipping label so return relatively easy. Takes about 3-5 business days.