Highlighted
Quique
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Re: Left ear bud does not charge beyond 58% and loosing his bleutooth connection

Thank you queeg505 for your answer. I called today the servicenummer from www.bose.nl and the very gentle man on the phone told me that Bose is common with the problems we experience. He acknowlegded my loading problem.The first batch of the sleepbuds was not oke!! He just sent me a retouticket for the case and the sleepbuds. They organised a quick replace for me and he promised to sent me a new set within the next 2 days. He advised me to upgade this new case first with the last firmware as a first act before using them https://btu.bose.com/?p=-1#section=connect

teachpam
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

The same thing happened to me.  They sent me a replacement pair and now the replacement pair can't find the right bud right out of the box.  It didn't work correctly from the moment I opened the box.  I am getting frustrated.  I love the product but this is my 4th pair.  

thescot123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Got my 1st replacement pair yesterxay and so far so good. It is nice not to have the charging issue with the right bud and that it know lasts thru the night. I did notice that Bose is shipping replacements with the latest case firmware. It did prompt me to upfate the firmware for the sleepbuds via the app. This time, I have decided to not update the bud firmware since this is where my charging issues etc started. Keeping ym fingers crossed that this issue has gone away as need these buds for sleep since I am a bad light sleeper. 

Also Bose support was very good and they got the product to me the next day which is fast. Thanks

BruceCraigie
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

I have the same charging issue with the right earbud - won't charge above 58%. There were no problems until I attempted to add to the library - which failed because there wasn't enough charge in the earbud batteries.

Sad.

germandache@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

I got my replacement buds this week and I am so Happy!!! All is good so far!  I will keep you all updated on the progress friends.  My advice for this issue is to get a replacement!   If you can not get a replace meant the problem will persist. Before the new buds came I was having luck carrying the case with me and connecting and disconecting the buds from time to time to ensure they were charging.  The canse was always plugged too. Have a great weekend.

Hello BruceCraigi,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your Sleepbuds. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

@germandache, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I am glad that you are back up and running again with your Sleepbuds. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

thescot123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I also am happy with my the replacements and the pleasant Bose customer service reps. It is best to call during the day as you will get the nice people in the UK. I explained my charging issues and the broken magnet. Didn't have to go through any troubleshooting with them. The replacements were shipped via UPS air and arrived the next day. So far my 1st replacement buds are working without issue. Bose already had updated the charging case to the latest firmware. However, the buds themselves are prompting for an update which I will not do. All my issues started after I updated the bud firmware. It is nice to not have my right bud run out of battery at night and not charge past 58%. All is good.

Also Bose, shipped the replacement buds first so I didn't have to be without any sleep buds. 

Roy Chan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Guys,    don't be too happy with your replacements. They will fail again with the same battery problem after a few weeks. I have 2 sets. Both have been replaced 3 times each. That means Bose has done 6 replacements for me in total. And they all end up not being able to achieve 100% charge after using it for a few weeks. Just to be clear my sets are always on charge with the original charger. Bose keep saying that Version 2 solves the battery problem but it does not. They either do not know how to solve the problem or are no more committed to solving it because there has not been a new software version for a long time.  I am from Singapore and I am not as fortunate to be able to just send the defective product via the mail. I had made a total of 12 trips to the service centre to get my 6 replacements.  Yes I am totally frustrated with BOSE. I will strongly advise that you return it to Bose and get your money back asap. I tried this but BOSE said that I cannot get a refund after 14 days. These Sleepbuds are a total failure. I have sinced pre-ordered an Active Noise Cancelling Earplugs to replace them as I've given up on these Sleepbuds. Once they arrive I am throwing the Sleepbuds into the Trash Bin.

ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

@Roy Chan I totally share your sentiment and frustrations. I'm also from SEA and getting replacements here is a total nightmare compared to the phone call and package delivery in the U.S. I basically have to take two days off of work just to bring my defective unit to the service center and then get replacements that do not last long. This has totally turned me off from Bose, and I'm looking into the alternative just like you are.

queeg505
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

@Roy Chan

I agree with you, the 3rd set they sent to replace the 2nd set which had a volume issue developed the charge issue within a few days. The 2nd set I have persisted with despite the volume issue as they promised me they wouldn’t get the charge issue. I have had them since July, two days ago one bud developed the issue. I’m so fed up with this useless product that both are going back & I will be demanding a refund. I’m in the UK. I have looked at the about to be released QuiteOn Sleep earplugs with active noise cancelling so I think I will try them instead, anything to get a good sleep without the anxiety of the Bose product failing to charge and giving up part way through the night. As I have said Bose have a damaged reputation now because of this, they either can’t be bothered or simply can’t fix this product.  I doubt I will buy anything from Bose again.