Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

@Martijn1 - thanks for the tip, but I've installed the updater and gone to the update website, but when I plug in the charging case nothing happens. I've unplugged and plugged it back in, uninstalled and reinstalled the updater app, tried different browsers...nothing. Why am I not surprised that this ALSO doesn't work properly? Also, I tried posting a completely factual, non-biased review on the sleepbuds page, and Bose CENSORED ME. I was just trying to warn potential buyers about the risk involved in buying a fatally flawed product, but Bose obviously doesn't want people to know about this issue. I guess that's why they haven't officially acknowledged it or developed a fix. This is so disappointing. I feel utterly betrayed by a brand I've loved for years.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

I used the Bose Updater to check the software on the charging case. It told me the software was up to date with "version 2.00.00 which fixes instances where charge case doesn't fully charge sleepbuds" It did not say it had actually updated case firmwaret but

Since then I've twice charged to 100% but the right earbud always takes a lot longer. I suspect it did update the software because the app no longer tells me the charge level of each bud - just a total.

Sleep Bud firmware 7.1.1.0.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

@BruceCraigie on the main app menu, you can tap on the charge total to go to the sub menu, there you can check the charge of each individual bud. 🙂

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

@joepowerbass I feel the same way, and my review mentioning the battery issue was also censored. Totally burned all respect I had for Bose after that.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

@queeg505 u where right, less than 4 weeks... Was older snr than my initial ones. Updated on arrival, always charged without the cable connected and always charge with the included cable and adapter. And now again my right bud 58% and no more... 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

To anyone interested I bought a set with this issue just to open it to find the culprit to what is causing this issue.  I will update next week after I get them and open them up.  Will find out if the battery does not charge all the way, the battery has some kind of connection issue...  I own three sleepbuds and all have gotten the 58% issue.  All started with not having the chirping then each had the chirping.  New sets I got from warranty have no chirping and are holding up so far, a few months now one my main one!  However this one already has distorted sound in one ear, nothing that I find too anoying, on the waves sound of shorline, boardwalk and similar.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

I think I've read so many complaints about this issue, that I've now finally accepted that bose will never fix this issue.

But why don't they even try?

They have completely ignored this community and have made no effort to recall or post any explanation.

I've been struggling with somehow finding a way that will resolve the issue to share with you people here in the community. Unfortunately I think that there actually may be no way, because it is just a faulty product.

I think that boss should start taking them off the shelf or advertise that it's really hit or miss with the product quality and mark it down to 29EUR.

If it's about that price, only working for 4 hours is acceptable as a nap alarm.

What a sad product, it could have been so useful for people with sleep problems!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

@nissansilvias15irocz 

This is interesting, are you saying the chirping is a relevant factor? I noticed this on  the Shoreline sound, I assumed it was just a sound artefact in the recording, but you are suggesting something else? Any information would be great 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I also had a chirp in my 2nd set shortly before it got faulty, didn't think to much about it at the time. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

When are Bose every going to take responsibility.

I have the same issue and im on my 3rd pair.

Ive had issues with Bose and their speakers not funtioning properly and no responsbility was taken there either....