Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Dissapointed to say I'm now in the not so exclusive 58% Club. I've had my buds since July 9th and they've been a life saver but now the RH bud won't charge correctly or last the night. I removed the buds from their ear sleeves and put them on alternate charge pads (ran out of ideas at that point). Came home to find the RH bud had charged to 74%, checked again before bed 58% again. Reset the case for the 30th time it's gone up to 61%. Thankfully I purchased via Amazon who are refunding me and I've ordered set 2.

Something tells me this is going to be an ongoing routine. Even the Amazon listing for these now shows they're aware of an issue...

Sort it out Bose! These are awesome but my god you need to get your Dev team to pull their fingers out and get this resolved. Seeing posts as old at June and still no fix does not instill confidence. We've paid the premium price, time for the premium fix!

Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

5th pair- failed again

This is my 5th fair of Sleepbuds. Yet again- another issue with disconnection and/or battery. This latest pair arrived last week - yet another free replacement for a defective pair. The prior issue was battery- this is the right bud not connecting. No reset or charge will fix it. I’ve tried every trick listed on this site. I’m appalled that Bose charges what they do for such a horribly constructed product. It’s a shame they don’t recall all of them and take them off the market until they work properly.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Left bud fails to charge, hold charge

Hello,

From what I've read this is actually NOT an uncommon problem - say it ain't so for a three-hundred dollar pair of ear buds, then! Very well, in any case, suppose Bose will honor the failing battery in their product. I just need to call the so called "sleep bud team," thank you very much. During business hours of course. Will give them a whirl and see how they do. Thanks, Bose!

Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Just encountered the same issue.  My right bud indicates that its charged to 58%.  Had the buds and charge and it doesn't change.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

So as an update to my issue, I did manage to (finally) get the right bud to charge past 58%.

In the event it might help others I will detail how I caused this.

I had the charging case connected to my mac via usb. I had the Bose updater app running and was on the webpage to check for an update past 2.0.0 (yeah hopeful I know)

I reset the case with buds in. Case was charging the RH bud. Case showed 3 dots although not in sequence it was showing the 1st/3rd/5th lights on, like so 0x0x0. The right bud light was flashing indicating charge.

Removed the right bud to check the charge state after 10/20mins, to my shock it was at 61% I left it to charge to approx 75% and then went to bed. Amazingly the right bud was still at approx 16% when I woke today and still working. Last 3 nights I found that it wouldnt last the night at all despite claiming it could.

This gives me some hope it's a software bug and not related to the hardware and will be fixed. However my replacments have arrived and I will be returning the others for a refund (thanks Amazon)

Hopefully this info might help others get theirs working for a while.

Hello Speedle, 

Thanks for reaching out and postin your workaround for your charging issues.

If any other users have success with this, I would love to hear from you.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

@Vicky_W will Bose make an official announcement regarding a solution to this issue soon? I feel we are being ignored.

Having to send in our faulty units for more faulty units isn't a sustainable solution, but unfortunately it seems that is the only thing customer support can offer us.

Really hoping for an official announcement regarding this issue.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2015

@Vicky_W 

Resetting the case usually gets the 58%-bud charging again, yes. But the typical scenario is that you check the status shortly before going to bed and then there is not enough time for a long enough charge. 

I have also seen a tendency to getting full charge if the buds are not "interrupted" by an alarm the previous night, but that behaviour is not 100% consistent.

Either way, we as paying customers (and with far more patience with Bose in this issue than you really deserve) should not be forced to find a lot of workarounds to get the product behaving (at least to 58%) as intended, marketed and promised by Bose!

Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Question:

What if we never update?

I mean, the SleepBuds work at first. Right? 100% charge every time?

Then, after a few updates. we enter the land of 58%.

So, if we started with a brand new, out-of-the-box set, and never accepted the updates (and ignored the 'update now' screen for the rest of our lives), would the problem never happen?

I mean, never update the SleepBuds, the case - none of it.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

My problems with 58% started showing up after I did the update via the phone app. At that time, my case was still running with the original firmware. So I only had one variable that changed and that was the update for the buds via the app. everything was fine until the bud software was updated. 

I have been on my first replacement set for about 3 weeks and so far so good. This replacement set already had the case updated to version 2.0.0. I am not going to update the buds software via the app as that is what caused my charging issue. 

We shall see over time what happens but so far so good which is making me happy as can't sleep without them.