Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

There is absolute no basis for class action. 

1. All warranties have been honoured;

2. Bose customer service took the time to answer to EVERY single person;

3. No permanent damage occurred to anyone, apart from - how will I sleep from now on???;

4. Bose took every single complaint seriously, did research and dissection of faulty product to learn;

5. They openly stood in front of it and said- yup, we have no choice but to pull the plug until we find a better solution. 

As far as customer service- these guys went above and beyond - worldwide. This is how you keep customers, even with a huge loss. Unlike many companies, this is how businesses last.

And y’know what- I won’t be hesitant to try out their new stuff either.

Highlighted

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued discussions in this thread. 

Today, we announced that we have discontinued our Sleepbuds. You can find our announcement HERE.

We invite you to discuss the announcement and ask that you direct any additional questions that you may have by visiting the thread HERE. We will be locking this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm regards,

Community Admin

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Got so many problems with my sleep buds. I love them and I hate them 🙂
Difficult to connect sometimes and will not charge more that 58%.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

My way around the 58% charge problem....

My right bud has the 58% charging issue and in the last 2 days I have managed to be able to get the bud fully charged so I'm a little sceptical that the battery is the issue but I'd think it's more so the firmware which tells the battery unit to charge said earbuds.

I've discovered that when my ear bud gets to the 58% stop point, and the charge light stays solidly lit, If I push either of the buds down firmly, whilst in the charging case, and hold them down so that the charging contacts push down, the charging lights go off and then lights 1,3 and 5 come back on shortly before showing the normal charge lights. I take the buds out and put them back into the charging position and that right bud charge light starts flashing slowly to indicate that it's now charging. The left bud charge light stays lit as it is already fully charged. The right bud goes to 100% after doing this.

I tried the resetting of the case with a paperclip to no avail and only discovered the method above a few days ago and have had 100% success charging both buds fully so far. I'd be interested if anybody else found it worked for them.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Hi

I'm on my second pair of Sleepbuds, after my first pair did not charge one of the buds higher then 2%.

Now the left bud wont charge beyond 58%.

I visited one of your retail stores in Colorado trying to get a refund, but the guy in the store said that it can only be done online. he also said than if I wait for a while, I could get the new model that's coming out soon as a swap for my current pair, Is that accurate ?

Right now I can't use my buds for the left bud is not charging at all.

I would appreciate you giving me my options.

Alon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

Sleep Buds

Both my sleep buds are not charging properly one day they both will charge then another only the right. I'm not sure what else to do but it is very frustrating because they are very helpful in getting me to sleep. Is it to late to get a refund? I have also trouble shoot as much as I can.

Highlighted

Re: Sleep Buds

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry that you're having this experience with your Sleepbuds. 

We appreciate you attempting the suggested troubleshooting. If you would like to look into what service options are available to you, please reach out to your local Bose product support team. 

You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. As we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you may experience longer waiting times than expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check the Bose Support website, where you will find a number of options that may help address your need.

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

I gave my wife the sleep buds last year and now they are not charging past 30%, I saw that you could send a refurb pair if this is the case since this is a widespread issue. What do you need from me in order to get a working pair? Thanks!

Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

sleepbuds cannot charge over 58%

I face the problem that my "sleepbuds" (I bought it from the official dealer in Thailand) cannot charge over 58%. I also search for the solution and try with all of this, but it still not work :

- update my sleepbuds to the latest version

- try to put the reset hole on the battery case

- update the battery charger case to the latest version via btu.bose website

I don't know what can I do more to fix this, please suggest

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2019

right sleep bud not clicking to charge

Hello,

I am based in Bulgaria. My right ear bud stopped clicking into the charging unit, it charges only if it pressed by hand. I've also noticed that the left ear bud is now charging more than 58% - before it wouldn't charge beyond 58. 

Pls recommend any solution. Thank you.