rbflorida
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2019

Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

On my 5th set of sleepbuds.  I'm an original crowdfunding customer.  Replaced sets because of magnets coming off and a 'bug' in the charging case.  Now my on the latest set the one earbud does not charge beyond 58%.  I've done MULTIPLE case resets (without buds in the case, with buds in the case and with only the problem one in the case).  I've downloaded  the firmware upgrade to version 2.0.  Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Author Accepted Answer selected by rbflorida

Hi Rbflorida,

Thank you for providing this information. 

It looks as though you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend.

At this point, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O

283 REPLIES 283

Hello @rbflorida, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the continued issues you've had with the Sleepbuds and would be happy to point you in the right direction.

As you have already attempted the case reset and downloaded the correct firmware, can I ask that you check the following please?

1) Make sure that the charging contacts for each Sleepbud are visible through the back of each StayHear+ Sleep tip.

2) Ensure that the cable connecting the charging case to power is correctly seated, and that the buds are also seated correctly within the case.

3) Make sure there is no debris or wax buildup covering the charging contacts on the Sleepbuds or the charging pins in the case. You can clean this by dabbing gently with a cotton swab/bud. Please ensure that you are not cleaning with a Wiping motion as this could potentially damage the charging pins or force moisture into the case.

If you have tried all of the above, please get back to me with a picture of the buds in the charging case when these are at the 58% you see.

I hope this helps!

-Liam_W - Community Support

Please see the image for referencing that the charging contacts are visible!

Charging Contacts Sleepbuds.png

rbflorida
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2019

Contacts are exposed as shown in the picture

rbflorida
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 5, 2019

App 58.png

app and 100.png

app and right bud out.jpg

app-58.png

buds and case.jpg

case left ear bud out.jpg

Author Accepted Answer selected by rbflorida

Hi Rbflorida,

Thank you for providing this information. 

It looks as though you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend.

At this point, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O

FinishedFlyer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

Right sleepbud will not charge beyond 58%. Left earbud OK. I've updated the charger to 2.0 via my computer and reset the charger best that I can tell. After charging the buds the right bud shows a solid charger light but when connected to the app only shows 58% charge. Unable to update via my phone since you need a 60% charge or better to do so.

Hi FinishedFlyer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues charging you Sleepbuds however I would love to assist further! 

Firstly, I would recommend ensuring that your Sleepbuds are running the latest software via Btu.bose.com rather than via the Bose Sleep App. I would also recommend that you make sure the sleepbuds are connected properly to the charging case. The contacts should be aligned and the lights on the outside edge should flash while charging, or solid if fully charged as well as making sure that the charging contacts for each sleepbud are visible through the back of each StayHear+ Sleep tip. 

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

FinishedFlyer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 28, 2019

FinishedFlyer

to Bose

I updated the charger via Btu.bose.com, the sleep buds are correctly seated, I get flashing lights when charging and steady lights when charged, I tried resetting the charging case with the buds in, in short I've tried everything that has been recommended and still the right earbud will only charge to exactly 58%. The phone app says update but you need at least a 60% charge on both of the buds to accomplish. So having worked on this for the last 4 days, I decided to order a replacement through Bose.

rubenve
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

I’m having the exact same issue. The right earbud won’t charge beyond 58% and I find it hard to believe that that’s a coincidence. Certainly sounds like a bug. I’m also experiencing the magnet falling off issues, I’m on my third pair of sleepbuds now and the magnet of one sleepbud just came off. All in all very disappointed in the lackluster quality of the product. Expected way better from Bose.