Highlighted
MHuard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

My husband got my sleepbuds for my birthday this past Feb. quite frankly it has been one issue after another since I got them. We sent the first pair back & the second pair worked great up until recently. The left one charges up to 58% only if it charges at all & turns off after using for 4 hours or so. We have tried resetting, turning phone off etc. all the common
suggestions to no avail. When these things work properly they are life changing as my husband is a loud snorer!. I am absolutely disappointed with the product overall as they have become a source of stress each night as I hope for the best but the left one doesn’t charge properly so after 4 hours I wake up when the sleep bud ceases to work. I have heard all my life how anything with the Bose name is top of the line that is why my husband paid $250 for them. The bugs need to be worked out of these sleepbuds before you sell anymore! So you have any new suggestions?
Martha Huard
78 REPLIES 78
Highlighted
mors2171
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Re: Sleepbud does not charge beyond 58%

I am also having the same problem. The left earbug is not charging more than 58%. I have reset the charging pod several times but no luck.

Highlighted
MHuard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2019

It is really aggravating! Last night it only worked for 4 hoursso I woke up at 1:30am. I am going to call the help number this weekend when I get a chance. I am so disappointed with this product!! When you pay $250 for something you expect it to work
flawlessly especially with a name like Bose!
Highlighted
sleepyme
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2019

I am now on my second set and same problem. Right only charges to 58%. Looking for a rsponse BOSE!!

Highlighted
sleepyme
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Run the Bose updater:

Connect case to computer & download the updater from the support page

Highlighted

Hi Sleepyme, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help you resolve this. 

Just to confirm are the steps that you have stated the steps you have already performed? I would also recommend that you make sure the sleepbuds are connected properly to the charging case, the contacts should be aligned and the lights on the outside edge should flash while charging, or solid if fully charged as well as making sure that the charging contacts for each sleepbud are visible through the back of each StayHear+ Sleep tip.  Another great step is to perform a product reset on the Sleepbuds, this can be performed by inserting a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click. 

If the issue still persists after these steps, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please update us on the result of these steps, 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
sleepyme
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2019

I have reset several times.  Cleaned contacts..etc..The right bud actually charged to above 60% so I could run the update released May 23.

So now the app & the BUD firmware are updated.

After the update it got to 76% and I thought problem solved. About an hour later when the flashing LED stopped flashing I figured great!

Wrong!!

Right bud was back to 58%. This is now the second set I have recieved from Best Buy. I can only assume if I go back again it will simply happen again??

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello sleepyme,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Sleepbuds. I would recommend taking the product back to be exchanged again, I know you have already done this then the issue continued. However, it is not likely to happen a third time and that exchange should solve the issue. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Toldlikeadream
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I am having this same issue. Left ear bud will only charge to 58% and is always dead in the morning. I only play 4 hours of sound and have an alarm set, but the ear bud doesn’t make it that long (6-7 hours) despite the app telling me I have 9+ hours on current settings.
Highlighted

Hello Toldlikeadream, 

Thank you very much for your comment, welcome to the community!

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this charging issue with your Sleepbuds.

Have you tried the product reset suggested previously within the thread? This may help resolve the issue you're facing. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.