batut@shaw.ca
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Sleepbuds 2 Uncomfortable

I just purchased a pair of Sleepbuds II and although they sound great and the App works well, I find them uncountable to sleep with.  I am a side sleeper and I find either earbuds painful to wear.  I've tried switching the sizes of the silicone ear bud but to no avail still painful.

8 REPLIES 8
Sam_F

Re: Sleepbuds 2 Uncomfortable

Hey batut,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome. I'm glad you're loving your Sleepbuds so far!

For comfort difficulties, we do usually recommend trying all included sizes of ear tips, to find your perfect fit. However, it seems as if you've done this, which is good to know. What may be of benefit to you is the helpful guide HERE, showing you how to best insert your Sleepbuds. Give this a read, to see if you can help with your comfort, and let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NavyWife
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

Outside of ears hurt when laying on either side

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

NavyWife
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2021

Bose Sleep Buds II

I've had my Bose Sleeper Buds for two nights.  When I sleep on either side,  the outside of ears hurt, as if they're pushing against the "Bose Button". I haven't been able to keep either side in longer than an hour. Very disappointing. I'm looking for suggestion on how to solve this problem so I don't have to return them. 

Bose SleepBuds

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

ianojojo
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2021

Re: Bose Sleep Buds II

They were pretty painful when I started using them. My ears have adjusted a bit, my sleep position has adjusted a bit, I've got a bit better at putting them in. There isn't really an alternative so I am going to keep using them.

starstruck
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

I have the earbud properly placed, using the proper sized tip, which is size one for me. As others have said, the bud is rubbing up against the middle cartilage, if I have the right name for it, and causing a wound. Are there bud covers or other ways to protect my ears?

Has anyone found an answer yet outside of this forum? The ones I've seen here and in another forum come from moderators who use customer service style language and say almost the same things in response to every question, and ultimately suggesting that we call customer service. I'm glad you're here, gentleman, but I'm hoping for something other than repeating what materials that came with the earbuds said or suggesting I call customer service. I'm hoping to avoid customer service to avoid staying on line for a long time to get a response.  Thanks!

ianojojo
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2021

From my previous reply, I'm now about 6 weeks into using them and they are much less uncomfortable than when I got them. From being really quite painful by the morning, my right ear is now pretty much ok and I can sleep however I want without discomfort.  They don't fit the shape of my left ear as well and unless I get the left bud in exactly the right position it digs into my ear cartilage. 

I will say that the positioning is really important. Don't press them too far in and really experiment with how far you need to rotate them. For me at least, it wasn't just a case of sticking them in. I need to position them just so.

I think others suggested also putting some surgical tape over the charging part.

nickpeters
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2021

I get the same issue, I wake up at 4am due to very itchy ears and as soon as I remove them the itch goes away which is very annoying.  I'm wondering how to resolve this, I'm trying a different size tonight, the funny thing is if I use cheap earplugs never have any itches.

Dave M. 2
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2021

I am suffering terribly with my Sleepbuds 2 causing my ears to itch.  I’ve tried different sizes and ear drops but nothing helps.  I didn’t have this problem with my original Sleepbuds.  I am starting to wonder if the wider shape on the Sleepbuds 2 is part of the problem.