Kmarra
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

Sleepbuds 2 battery depleted out of box

Just purchased my first pair of sleepbuds and after taking them out of the box and plugging in the case, no light indicators turned on. So, I waited the 6 recommended hours and still no charge. I then switch cords, outlets, adaptors, still nothing. Then the Hail Mary factory reset, still nothing. 

Get this. I return those ones and trade for a new pair....exact...same..thing. Am I missing something, or did I somehow purchase 2 defected pairs of sleepbuds?! Any recommendations from someone who has experienced this as well is greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Re: Sleepbuds battery depleted out of box

Hi Kmarra,

This is very bizarre, I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience. Thank you for trying the troubleshooting in which we would suggest. 

I would also suggest attempting to push a software update. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

If this persists, you can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. Do note, if you are contacting through Facebook or Twitter, our agents cannot process any payment transactions or out of warranty services. Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

You cannot update the Sleepbuds via computer by USB. Please Bose, can you stop providing such false and disrespectful responses to your Sleepbuds customers. 

Sam_F

Hey Denziloshamen,

The Sleepbuds (series I) charging case can be updated through the Bose Sleep app, or through the BTU site HERE. However, the Sleepbuds II can only be updated via the Bose Sleep app. 

Are you experiencing an issue with updating your Sleepbuds, or any other difficulties regarding your Sleepbuds we could help with?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Kmarra
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

Re: Sleepbuds 2 battery depleted out of box

So I did try to do the updates with no luck, as I assume the battery needs to be working in order to do this. For anyone who is experiencing the same and wondering if you are taking crazy pills, you are not. If the lights don’t come on after 6 hours of charging, the battery doesn’t work and won’t work. I have probably spent 2+ hours on the phone and 3+ hours of travel time purchasing and returning these sleepbuds.. I feel like I am overly invested here. 

I have now ordered my 3rd pair to arrive today.... here’s hoping they work (what are the chances that I purchase 3 pairs, from 3 different sources and they all don’t work right?!?!) 

Will update this thread with the outcome....here’s hoping a great sleep is in my near future. 

Kmarra
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

Re: 3rd Attempt: Sleepbuds 2 battery depleted out of box

So, I have taken the 3rd pair out of the box and there are no lights flashing or turning on. Feeling very doubtful that this will work, will wait the recommended 6 hours. Can someone please assist? I live in a location where stay at home order is in place and I cannot return these, so I am now almost at $1000 worth of headphones that don’t work. 

PLEASE HELP!

Kmarra
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

See my new message below, I have just purchased my 3rd pair and they also don’t immediately show lights. Is this a joke? PLEASE PLEASE help. I live in Canada where we have a stay at home order and I am unable to return these so I now have 3 headphones that don’t work. 

HELP!

Jessie_O

Hey Kmarra, 

This is very strange and certainly not what we would expect for our Sleepbuds. 

I would recommend reaching out to your local support team in Canada for assistance. I have included the contact details HERE.

We will do all we can for you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!