Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: Sleepbuds 2 - left bud won’t charge past 22%

Thank you for your suggestion. However, this feels like a workaround rather than a fix. Although these are called Sleepbuds, this is not their only use. Consider someone may wish to use the buds for an hour or two throughout the day, maybe taking a half hour gap returning to the charging case and then taking them out again to use them to blackout sounds of the outside world. It is highly likely the issue of incorrect battery life is going to continue to be reported over and over again, it cannot be feasible the only solution is to fully recharge them every single time they go back in to the case before they can be used again.  Does the app actually ‘talk’ to the buds to check the direct battery level, or is it purely guessing based on time out of the case and an expected battery consumption rather than actual?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Glad I found this thread. I received my Sleepbuds this morning and immediately began charging the case (with the buds in the case). After 6 hours of charging, I noticed that the case was fully charged but the long lights on the sides of the case (directly under each bud) were still flashing, indicating that the buds were not at full charge. I connected them to my phone and the Bose Sleep app indicated that the charge in each bud was only at 23%. So, I put them back in the charging case for another 2 hours, but the app still only showed them as 23% charged.

Found this thread, pushed the reset button on the back of the case with a paper clip, and now the app shows the buds as 100% charged.

So, I'd say there is definitely a software/firmware issue somewhere. My initial thought was that I had received a defective pair of Sleepbuds and I was just about ready to start the return process before I decided to check this forum. Hopefully the proper engineers at Bose will take notice of this issue so it can be promptly addressed.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

thanks a lot i was hestitant to buy this because of previous generation problem

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

I received mine today after hours charging I wanted too test them first looked at the batteries charge info it says like I saw in an other topic the left was here displaying 24% and the right was 100%. After reset it shows both 100% but now everytime when I take out the buds it first shows low power and after a few seconds it is 100%. The next strange thing I noticed is after I put them back in the case with 99% they keep charging for ever the lights blinking constantly when I check them again how much % it has it is 100%. This is strange I test them for a few more days if nothing improves I send it back and wait till it is resolved.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

exactly the same problem here! 

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

We definitely appreciate the feedback around the battery here and will be happy to pass it along to the developers. Once the battery is fully charged so that the LEDs on the side of the case glow solid it should align the battery reporting levels. After that you would not need to charge them to full each time to get an accurate report – but we recommend you regularly let the case and buds do a full charge.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Sleepbuds 2 not charging past 24%

Hi. I have just received my new sleep buds after months of waiting.  Sadly they don’t charge beyond 24%.  Here we go again!

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: Sleepbuds 2 not charging past 24%

Check out my post a few days ago on the exact same issue (always good to check through the forum before posting to see if a similar issue has already been mentioned). Put the earbuds back in the case, stick a pin in the reset button and leave them in there for a bit longer. There’s no issue with the battery, just the apps method of calibrating what it thinks is the charge is really poor. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds 2 not charging past 24%

This is encouraging to find out I am not the only one with the "charging issues".  I have gotten the 100% reporting issue resolved by doing a reset.  Now just have to  see if I can get the buds to show fully charged while in the case.  (They continue to flash even when they are at 100%).  Thanks everyone for the updates!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

OMG!!! Both my left and right buds won't charge past around 25%. The same problem as yours, I am trying to solve the issue by running out of battery and recharge it.