Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds 2 - left bud won’t charge past 22%

Issue solved by resetting my case. Thank you for your post.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

I really hope someone from Bose is reading these threads. Regrettably I didn't know about the product recall from Sleepbuds 1, so missed out on a refund on a totally flawed product which cost me £229. I have shown faith in version 2 and paid out again, £229. To get the sleep buds on arrival showing the same battery charge flaw is unacceptable given the statements you've made on launching the product. Yes, I've done the reset and it's fixed it, but it's totally unacceptable to not have tested this and sent products out with a flaw.

It's day 1, my new sleep buds arrived today, and yes, they do look and feel a lot better. Fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wayne_M

Thanks once again for everyone to contributing to this thread. I just wanted to clarify a few things.

Resetting the case may temporarily solve the battery reading the correct charge, but the correct and long-term solution is to calibrate the battery. To do this the Sleepbuds need to go through a full uninterrupted charge cycle until the long, bar LEDs glow solid, which can take up to 6 hours.

Once the battery is fully charged so that the LEDs on the side of the case glow solid it should align the battery reporting levels. After that you would not need to charge them to full each time to get an accurate report – but we recommend you regularly let the case and buds do a full charge. You should also not need to reset the case.

Regarding the battery itself, the Sleepbuds II use a nickel-metal hydride battery, which is different than a lithium battery. You can read more about the battery in the FAQ here and in our story here.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

That’s all very interesting, but Bose in the marketing of Sleepbuds 2 have made it clear you’ve listened and fixed all the flaws from Version 1, and that it’s been thoroughly tested. Hardware has been sent out to customers with bugs and it’s just not ok. To be saying that there is a special routine for charging is ridiculous. You plug something in and it charges?! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Sleep buds 2- charging issue

After charging for hours the 2 lights in the charging case are still blinking. I remove the buds , fire up the app and it shows both are charged to 100%. I reset the case with a paperclip, replace the buds and the lights aren't flashing any more. But the next time I put them in the case exactly the same thing happens and the case needs reset again to fix it.

I've tried connecting the case to a PC to see if there is a firmware upgrade but Bose updater (latest version) doesn't recognise the device.

Any suggestions, please.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Re: Sleep buds 2- charging issue

Day two of ownership. I have the same issue, right bud does not charge anymore.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Re: Sleep buds 2- charging issue

Thanks for the input. It looks like my problem has been fixed as the charging lights are now solid after the buds are in the case for a few hours. This is after 3days, now there is no need for a reset.

But I still don't know why the Bose Updater does not recognise the case when I connect it to my PC?