Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Sleepbuds 2 seperate Volume control

I just got the new sleepbuds 2 yesterday and couldnt wait to try them out. As I did, I noticed the volume cannot be balanced. I am half deaf in one ear (with tinnitus) and I would like to have the volume in that ear to be louder then the one in my ‘ good’ ear. 

Can Something like this added in an update?

Kind regards,

Mauz

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: Sleepbuds 2 seperate Volume control

Wow! What an incredibly important feature to be lacking. Surely it can’t be hard to split the balance of volume? The developers really need to implement simple improvements like this, especially with the high price. There are competing products coming out that are much cheaper and have more features (such as heart rate monitoring and sleep statistics for which side you slept on the most etc). 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Along the same lines, it seems that the minimum volume is a good bit louder than in the original sleep buds. The noisemasking does a wonderful job preventing loud noises during sleep from causing migraines, but I'm afraid that the louder minimum volume is loud enough to actually cause migraines.

Could the minimum volume be lowered on an update as well please?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

They were certainly louder than I was expecting on full volume (you couldn’t sleep with them that loud that’s for sure), but not sure what you mean about lowering the minimum volume. If you slide the volume button on the screen the sound goes down to nothing, so you have a full range of sound levels to choose from, there’d be no need to lower the minimum volume than zero. The maximum suggested level before the warning about volume is set at 75%, but doesn’t have to be the volume you use it’s just recommended you don’t go higher than that. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

I was hoping for a volume control for one channel so that the buds could be adjusted for differences in hearing between ears. 

Oh well, maybe in an update. 

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

It's interesting to hear you are all interested in being able to adjust the volume of the two buds independently and I'll be sure to pass this along to the development team for consideration! I couldn't say for certain whether independent volume control is something that will be possible to add to the Sleepbuds but I'll make sure the team is aware this is a feature you would all like to see going forward.

I know some of you have mentioned being wanting to be able to set a lower minimum volume as well, so I'll let them know about this as well.

If any of you have any other suggestions and feedback, please let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Lower minimum volume would be great.

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Have you seen other "bud" type wireless/bluetooth headphones that allow you to change the volume for each speaker? I haven't seen that feature on anything other than wired devices. I'd be interested to hear about them. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Totally agree! I would think many customers are having tinnitus or/and hearing deficiencies using Sleepbuds 2. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Good point about the overall volume adjustment too. You can only turn them down so much before they just cut out. It would be nice to have a gradual fade to no volume instead of the sharp cut off as it is now.