Highlighted
rmhazlett28
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

Sleepbuds Battery Life Decreasing

I have had my sleepbuds for just under a year and absolutely love them. I bought them last August to take to college with me and I used them every day with very minimal problems. Any issues I did have were very quickly resolved. However, now that I’m on break for the summer I am using them a lot less and now they are having all sorts of issues, the main one being that the battery life has drastically decreased. I had noticed this happening slowly over the past few months. I’d start the buds at 100% charge, run them for 10 hours or so and they’d be almost dead by the time I turned them off. This wasn’t a huge deal. Now they’re not even lasting 8 hours on a 100% charge. I’ve tried all the usual tricks and tips with no results. What’s going on?  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sleepbuds Battery Life Decreasing

Hello @rmhazlett28 and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying our products, and sorry to hear of the issues that you've started experiencing here. I'd be happy to see how I can help you!

With regards to your issue, when you say you've tried the usual tip and tricks, can I confirm that you have done the following by this?

-Product Reset

-Reset Charging Case

-Disconnected product, waited 60 seconds, reconnected

-Ensure Firmware is up to date

-Ensured that the charging contacts on the buds and the case are free from debris/build-up

-Ensured that the contacts were aligned correctly for the case-->buds, and that this had indicated full charge on both the App and the charging case.

If this is the case, then I would ask that you let these run completely flat, then charge these back up to full before trying these again, as this often resolves battery issues.

Please return to me to let me know how this goes!

Liam W - Community Support

rmhazlett28
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

Hi Liam,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I can confirm that I have done the actions you listed. There were no changes when each one was performed. I did allow the buds to run flat and then charging them back up again before double checking the firmware and their position in the charging case once again. Unfortunately, this did not have any effect on the battery life. The battery life continues to decrease even over the course of the past few days. The left bud specifically is especially bad. Just this past night it only ran for 2 1/2 hours on what the app said was a full 16 hour charge. I am starting to get worried that eventually they won’t work at all. I’m really at a loss. 

Hello rmhazlett28, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch with us. 

I am very sorry to hear you are still having issues with your Noise Masking Sleepbuds. 

I would kindly suggest reaching out to support in your country now to discuss service. They will look after you moving forward. 

Kindest, 

Jeff G