Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Thanks sounds great Wayne.  I just called Bose an hour ago and they're going to send me a replacement.

Any way to guarantee that I'll receive the newly manufactured version? I asked the customer rep the same thing but she didn't sound convincing.  She was basically saying that their stock 'should' have been replaced with the new versions due to the fact that the battery issue was made public today.

Alternatively, any way I can tell from the serial #, mgr date, etc that it's the new version?  Thx

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2019

There's some odd options here:

• Refund until Dec 31 2019
  • Replacements available "into early 2020" (very vague)
  • Bose will honour warranty

So if I have warranty remaining and there are no more replacements in stock, what happens?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

I'm just a little sad that they won't continue the refunds into 2020. I replaced my Sleepbuds back in July because of some issues, and it'd be nice to use them until they finally die, and then get my refund...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

That is where I am standing, my husband absolutely LOVES his Soundbuds, he hasn't slept on the sofa once since I bought them for him because of my snoring 7 months ago, I would pay $500 for a replacement pair without thinking.

He is on his second pair and they are exhibiting issues to the point that I was already thinking about having them swapped out, we are going to keep the Sleepbuds as long as possible, there is no other product out like them,

So then what, our warranty lasts until early 2021, say they break in mid 2020 we are just out of luck? You know you have big fans of these things. You seem to think you are doing the right thing here but it's my opinion that if you don't provide us working products through the date that we were promised they would work for, it will seriously harm my opinion of Bose. And it's already severely hit by the fact that I have been raving about the Sleepbuds to anyone that will listen.

You are a multi-billion dollar company, you should commit to fixing your product or at a minimum commit to offering a full refund at any point in the warranty period if you can no longer supply a working replacement.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I am on my second pair of Bose SleepBuds. They have greatly helped my ability to sleep all night.My first pair had the same charging and battery life problems as stated by many other users. I received my second pair (under Warranty). I decided to change up my charging routine by charging the base first to 5 lights and insert sleepbuds as opposed to putting sleepbuds into charging unit and have both charging at the same time. I have had the replaced sleepbuds for approx. 2 months now and have not experienced any charging or battery life problems like before. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this same approach as described above. It takes an hour or so for the charger to fully charge then I unplug the unit and place Sleepbuds in unit and charge unassisted by power cord connected to charger. Usually in a few hours I am 100% charge and a good nights sleep. Repeat the next day.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

yeah I've tried that already in the past but only after I started having charging issues -- but it didn't work.  I never tried it from the very beginning when I start using the new unit.  (I'm on my 6th one)

But - Bose has already confirmed that this is a battery (hardware) reliability issue so I'm uncertain that alternate solutions would help.

Most of my charging issues don't start until the 3 or 4 month mark; it's surprising how accurate it is.  Most of the time, it was on the dot... exactly 3 or 4 months

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Please tell me there is a way to get a refund without needing to send sleep buds back? There must be a way for that to be possible, considering all the major and repeat issues people have had.

Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Bose Sleepbuds recall - racism in China market / Different ways to treat Chinese customer

As Bose is recalling the Sleepbuds worldwide, it's very hard to believe a brand still plays racism in China market.

As the announcement as quote here "As always, we will stand behind our products and honor our sleepbuds™ warranty.  We’re also extending an offer to all our sleepbuds™ customers: You can return your product for a full refund until December 31, 2019. Please visit http://worldwide.bose.com/support/sleepbuds for more information or https://worldwide.bose.com/contact to find contact information for service agents in your region." 

But China Bose Customer Service is telling that only the pair with the battery issue can be returned after their engineer checked. If there is no battery, it can't be returned or refunded at all.

Meanwhile, China Bose is playing tricks on the customer as well. As the first step to start this process, you have to provide the official invoice  - any online order record or other confirmation is not valid. But sometimes we won't have the official invoice if we didn't ask the merchant to provide.

As a fan of the brand, it's really disappointed how Bose treats the Chinese customer.

China Bose Customer Service has said that this is the policy only applied to China Market.

Hope Bose headquarter can look into this issue and apologize for what you are doing in China.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

It seems from the comments on FB that the battery issues arise after three or four months - therefore by limiting the refund period to two months does not allow new customers like myself or those with recently replaced sleepbuds to make a proper judgement about whether their buds are functioning correctly or not. Mine are currently working well - but may not work in January.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

Certain sounds are really effective for me, like shoreline and broadwalk. I wonder if the sounds could be downloaded and then used with another type of earbud (for example sleepphones) or another type of Bose earbud. I'm just trying to think of alternatives because many people on her and FB say how the sleepbuds have helped them to sleep and includes me as well!