Masahiro
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Re: Bose Sleep App crashing in IOS 13

I have the totally same issue with iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 13.2.2) and BOSE SLEEP app (2.3.0 build 2229).

Could you keep me updated as well?

Stacythurmond
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Honestly, it has taken me this long to reply to this news because it is so devastating to me. Despite all of the issues, the sleepbuds are - by far - the most life changing product of my adult life and I am gutted that they are being discontinued - to a point of wanting to purchase multiple pairs before they disappear for good!

And literally, every night, as I am connecting them, I whisper - please please please work!

Since I started charging the case during the night when the sleepbuds were not connected to it, I have not had any issue at all - and while I have only been able to wear one at a time as I am a side sleeper and it doesn't work well to have them in on the pillow side - and while there might be issues with the looping - it is still absolutely devastating that this product is disappearing. 

I beg you to continue the research and come back to us with another product soon. 

I cannot reiterate enough how much this product has changed my life and given me the gift of sleep. 

Thank you to all of the team who have worked on the sleepbuds. 

Devastated but loyal - 

S

Marcioc
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Re: Bose Sleep App crashing in IOS 13

I updated to ios 13.2.3 and the problem persists . The app keep crashing . It is not possible download musics . Bose, when the new app´s version will be released ?

eznoh
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

If you are only using one at a time, this may work for you. I have been testing wireless earbuds since I was using a wired mono earbud and a white noise app before the sleepbuds came out. The problem has been finding earbuds that will last thru the night. I have ordered this product, it is supposed to last 10 hours: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VB46R9Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found a good white noise app for Android which even has the alarms inllcuding fade-in:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tmsoft.whitenoise.lite

Maybe this would work for you.

Mike

Stacythurmond
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Thanks Mike! I will check it out!

MistyStar
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

@eznoh , let us know if those earbuds do last 10 hours 🙂

Cured insomniac
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Very inflexible customer service - sleep buds

Well that was fun.... I have to send back my wonderful sleepbuds because the left isn't fully recharging. Knowing that the product is being discontinued I asked Belgian/French customer services if I could keep the re charger, since I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it.

I explained that since they won't be able to replace the re charger if I hit a glitch with the new one into next year, I'd really like to be able to keep mine as a standby - knowing that if I do send it back it will only be binned.

Got a very snippy response, 'But why???' 'But the two have to go together...' 'Yes maybe it will be discarded when you send it back, but you have to send it back.' 'Ah no madame we won't be able to replace into next year if you have an issue.' 'But why do you want to just send in the buds and not the re charger?' '

Because, as you've just said, if I hit an issue with the re charger next year, there'll be no replacement - ghaaaaaah. Hey ho, back it goes. They do, of course, have the series number in their system as I had to give that to them when getting the paperwork sorted for the returns. That has a bar code on it, which'll be attached to the packet - so it isn't as if they need the re charger to track the series number.

Wish there was a bit of flexibility given the fact that the product is being discontinued. Wonder if I was in the States or UK if I'd get the same response? Here it is like you're bananas to think ahead. Not as if this is the most robust product ever.

Now a perfectly good recharger will be binned, and if, by any chance, my new recharger has a problem next year, then that's that.

Cured insomniac
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Great post

Excellent post, thanks. Absolutely please do keep up the work Bose, it really is an innovative product that has made a huge difference to my sleep patterns.

Cured insomniac
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

According to OP:

"After the letter in the middle of your serial number, mine is a Z:

1. First digit is the year.  Mine=9 = 2019
  2. Next 3 digits is the day of the year.  Mine=208 = July 27th."

Is this an accurate way of finding out when the sleep buds were manufactured, please? My current pair was a replacement made through Belgium customer services, which I received in September '19. If this is correct, then mine were made 26 March '18

I find that worrying.

So my question would be: having assured customers that current replacements are shipping with the latest battery, does this also apply to European customers? And how can we tell we aren't going into 2020 with diminishing replacement stock and a battery that is older?

alphalog
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Hi, I was the OP for that post.  I couldn't find any info on serial #s on the internet for the sleepbuds, but I found it for other Bose products.  It's possible that the serial# info only works for US replacements.

But I agree... It would be troubling because if accurate, it means you got the very first batch... since the sleepbuds didn't release till June 2018 right?