ajsimsek
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Re: BOSE NOISE MASKING SLEEPBUDS, Returned on 10/15/2019

You are correct. It is not good.

I will wait till 15th of this month and I will file a complaint to attorney general of Washington State. Then they can deal with this. In the old days we used to get money rebate and we had to wait for weeks.Even that was not that bad.

We simply want our check that Bose Inc requested without a legal dispute. I hope they can mail our check soon. 

MartinDouglas64
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Damaged Sleep buds

My sleep buds do not connect due to the magnets having broken off the bud.

I have just started looking on the web site and see that Bose were offering free recalls up to 31 December 2019.

My buds only failed on 2nd January 2020

Is there anything I can do?

AlcuZan
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

So turns out Bose is lying to their loyal customers.

Back in November, a store employee told me that a new version of the sleepbuds will be released early 2020, ca. at the end of January. Because my fifth pair of sleepbuds is starting to fail now, I contacted the support via Whatsapp today to check if there are any news that they can tell me so I can remain hopeful. They then told me that the man in the store lied to me. Bose gave up on sleepbuds, there will be no successor.
Is Bose giving up on sleepbuds? Their answer in the press release is: "No. We remain committed to developing innovative solutions to help the millions of people who struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep." That is a LIE.
Bose is not continuing to work on a solution. I sincerely hope that more people will learn of this and that it causes a massive outroar. This company does not deserve to earn any more money.

AlcuZan
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Re: Damaged Sleep buds

The only thing you can do is ask for a replacement, which will take at least 2 weeks to arrive. You won't get your money back. The customer service of this company is an absolute joke.

AlcuZan
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Re: Sleep Buds Charge Indicator Should be Visible

Your suggestion is good, but unfortunately it won't matter, at least not for sleepbuds, because there will be no successor. Bose lied to us.

Ralphlh
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Recharge Sleepbuds and updates - possible solution - So far I have achieved 100% charge on both

Recharge - possible solution
This is my new 3 set. I have replaced 2 times before. I haven't used them for a while but have started again. I recharge them in a new and simple way. So far I have achieved 100% charge on both. The problem was / is that batteries are burning off.
Here's what you should do: Sleepbuds should not be in the charging box when recharging the box with usb cable. When you go to bed and have your sleepbuds in your ears - put the USB cable to the box to charge it for the next day. When you wake up the next morning - unplug usb cable from the box before reinserting your sleepbuds. I think the system overcharges if you charge sleepbuds in the box while charging with usb cable.
Note: if you already have charging errors, the damage is irreparable.
Sincerely

So far I have achieved 100% charge on both 2020-02-21 👌

So far I have achieved 100% charge on both 2020-04-28 - and i have done all updates without any problems with my iphone

AlcuZan
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Re: Very inflexible customer service - sleep buds

Flexibility is not something this CS is capable of. I asked them if there was any chance that I can receive a new pair becaues my current one (the fifth) is faulty again and they said no, I would have to wait at least two weeks for my replacement to arrive. It's impossible to exchange them in the store, it's impossible to keep your old ones until the new ones arrive and THEN send them back. On top of that, the CS in the store lied to me, they told me there would be a new product at the end of January. That was a lie, bose gave up on sleepbuds. There will be no new product. The WhatsApp CS confirmed this today.

Tegan_M

Re: Very inflexible customer service - sleep buds

Hello AlcuZan, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I am very sorry to hear of this experience in which you are having. We are able to provide Sleepbud exchanges whilst stocks last. Regrettably in store exchanges are not available for many of our products and these need to go through to our facility. Bose have not given up on the Sleepbuds, we do still intend on producing a new product with an improved battery. However, we do not have any information regarding a release date. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
eznoh
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

I heard this several months ago and asked Bose about it and got no reply. I'm afraid they took too much of a bath on this product, both financially and reputation wise.

AlcuZan
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Now a moderator tells me that Bose is in fact still working on a new version: https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/New-product/m-p/265507#M4537

I have absolutely no idea what to believe now. I confronted the Whatsapp CS staff member that I talked to earlier, sent her the screenshot from the link above and asked her to take a stand. She said that she would investigate further and then strangely asked me for my address, name etc. I don't know what's going on here, but I sure as hell will not provide any data without knowing what the company is going to do with it!