Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

I got bose refund to buy an airpod pro as alternative. It works quite well with noise cancelling for the first four hour. After that it keep alarming about low battery that wakes me up. So it is not a good idea to replace sleepbuds with airpod pro. Anyone found an alternative as temporary while Bose researching a new product that might take one or two or even ten years. >_<

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I'm a side sleeper and haven't found a replacement that is equal to of better than Bose Sleepbuds (that is currently available). 

However this product was recently posted on facebook, due out later this year - looks very similar to the Sleepbuds:

https://www.techandroids.com/amazfit-zenbuds-goes-official/?fbclid=IwAR3PNpD-GPlLnjbDo55mAqbdm3LN99l...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

My backup option has been to use the Bose Quiet Control 30 head set.  I find from a noise canceling perspective it works just as well as the sleepbuds.  The only problem with the QC30 is that they protrude from your ear so sleeping on your side my prove to be somewhat uncomfortable.  So in addition to the QC30 I play a white noise track on Spotify and for me that works fairly well until a better option comes along.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Yeah, it looks very promissing but seems to failed on indiegogo. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wireless-earbuds-that-eliminate-ambient-noise#/

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Thanks for suggestion. But I am side sleeper so QC 30 does not work for me

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

I am sooo looking forward to the ZenBuds! Hopefully they will fulfill what Bose promised, but failed to deliver!

Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

It's easy to put product renders up on Kickstarter. It's altogether more difficult to deliver a product that pushes the limits of what's possible today, as Bose found out. They look good, but I'm taking all of their claims with a grain of salt until there is an actual physical product.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

I've found a decent replacement for the sleepbuds for side sleepers. The Lypertek TEVI buds paired with the White Noise Android app. They are supposed to last 10 hours but only lasted 8 which is good enough for me. You can also use them individually.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

@eznoh How far do those Lypertek TEVI earbuds stick out of your ear? Do they go in far enough that you can sleep comfortably on your side?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

@kaiserh My thoughts exactly! Too skeptical at this point.