Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

@kaiserh My thoughts exactly! Too skeptical at this point.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

I looked at reviews on Youtube and the Lypertek TEVI sticks out enough that they wouldn't work for  side sleepers (screenshot below). However, I think it's one of the few true wireless earbuds that last 8+ hrs.  If I'm desperate enough, I may be tempted to purchase them.

Screenshot-Image 01-21-2020 002.png

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

They stick out too far, you can only wear one at a time.

Mike

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

I'm thinking the Jabra Elite 75t may come really close as a replacement. I've never tried it, but it doesn't appear to stick out as much and it has a supposedly 7.5hrs battery life.  I'm guessing that if I lower the volume, I can get the advertised 7.5hrs.  It's not perfect by any means.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Those don't have noise canceling though

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

The Bose sleepbuds don't have noise canceling either. And I've read in a few reviews for other sleep products that the noise canceling creates a high pitched sound when pressed against the pillow. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Yeah but the sleepbuds have noise masking. It is their purpose. I haven't noticed any high pitched sounds, not in my sleepbuds and neither in my Sony noise cancelling buds. Those are not very comfortable for sleeping though. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Lol.  you would play the noise masking sound on repeat from your smartphone to the jabra, like you're listening to music.  Someone already posted the bose masking sound files online.

And the high pitched hum only seems to comes out when there's noise canceling, which the bose sleepbuds doesn't have ... So that's why you don't hear it. 

(Bose sleepbuds doesn't have noise canceling.)

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Besides, active noise canceling also uses alot of battery so it would actually be a bad thing for a Bose sleepbuds alternative

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

You either gotta be joking or you have no idea what sleep masking is. The sounds that get played are only part of the whole thing. The most important thing is the masking, e.g. filtering out and shielding of sounds from the outside. Similar to noise canceling, but not quite the same. You don't think the sleepbuds are normal earbuds that play soothing sounds, do you?