Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Hi all,

Please forgive me if this has already been asked but is there a way to determine if a set of Sleepbuds is from the newest batch with replacement batteries? Like a range of serial numbers or dates on the box, etc?

Thanks,

mario

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Yes, there will be a green sticker on the box near the serial number.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

There hasn't been any official confirmation from Bose that I know of.

Based on what the Bose admins in this forum told me, I thought that all replacement units we received after the announcement would be the (improved battery) good batch... but I no longer think that's true.

I personally noticed that replacements I received after the announcement started having a green dot on the outside of the box that I didn't see before.  I was wondering if it meant that it was the good batch, but Bose hasn't confirmed that to be true (that I know of).

My assumption is that the farther the manufacture date is from the announcement, the more likely that the unit is the good batch.  You can determine the manufacture date by the four digits after the letter in your serial number; mine's a Z. The first digit is the year (9 being 2019), and the next three digits are the day of the year.  For example, mine is Z9287 = Oct 14, 2019. 

If anyone's had a replacement unit with battery that lasted longer than 4 months, I'd be interested to know what your manufacture date is.

@mario64 wrote:

Hi all,

Please forgive me if this has already been asked but is there a way to determine if a set of Sleepbuds is from the newest batch with replacement batteries? Like a range of serial numbers or dates on the box, etc?

Thanks,

mario

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

My first green sticker replacement only lasted a few days, by far the least of 10 pairs I've had.

Mike

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

@miklosh13 and @alphalog Thank you!

@alphalog Were yours from 10/14/2019 any good? The set I'm looking at are from 10/28/2019

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

eznoh,

I am very sorry to hear that.

There is a Sleepbuds Facebook group (not owned by Bose).  The vast majority of the posts and experiences with the green dot has been very positive so far.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2070561432961122/

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

mario64,

You are very welcome.

I received a replacement pair from Bose 6 days ago.  The date of the serial # is 10/30/2019.  So your 10/28/2019 set must be just about as new as you can get.  I also believe the discontinue notification from Bose came out around that time.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Thanks again. I hope these hold out

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Also, from reading the posts in the Facebook group, the warrenty on your 10/28/2019 pair should be covered through 10/28/2020 - the 1 yr warrenty begins from the date in the serial #.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Good to know thanks! I thought the warranty was 2 years? That's what the FAQ in the OP says. Did I misread it?