Magnum6
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Downgrade to previous firmware versions?

A couple of thoughts on Sleepbuds:

1) I really hope Bose releases a new version of this product.  I still use mine every night even though the right sleep bud never charges above 58% and only lasts a few hours.

2) Is there anyway to downgrade to a previous firmware version?  My wife and I both bought our Sleepbuds at the exact same time from the same place.  She uses hers every night.  She has never upgraded the firmware on the Sleepbuds or the charging case.  Hers charge to 100% every night.

I'd like to see if going back to the original firmware in the case and Sleepbuds would allow mine to fully charge again.

Charlotte_G

Re: Downgrade to previous firmware versions?

Hey Magnum6,

Thanks for your post! It's great to see how impactful the Sleepbuds have been for you and your wife. 

Our team is dedicated to researching the future possibilities of the Sleepbuds but we do not have any information to give at this time.

Downgrading the firmware is not something that is available and it is not believed that the firmware is related to the battery issue so it's very unlikely that this would change anything. 

If you have any further questions, do feel free to get back to us.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Magnum6
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Re: Downgrade to previous firmware versions?

Have you tested the firmware theory, though? The only thing different about my wife's and mine is I upgraded firmware, she didn't.  We used them the same number of nights, charged them the same number of times. Yet I'm at the all too common 58% sticking point and she is not.  

With all of your users experiencing the same 58% issue, it's a systemic problem rather than environmental. If it were environmental, some would be at 40%, some at 80% - there would be gradients.  Everyone is at 58% - which means it's a systemic issue.  Systemic then means it's either hardware or software.  We have the exact same hardware.  We have two different sets of software.

I'm an electrical engineer as well.  This is how we solve problems. 

ccrivas
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Earbuds replacement for Quiet Comfort 35 wireless

Hi. I was trying to process the exchange of my Sleep Buds and it only shows I can get either silver or black the Quiet Comfort 35 wireless $349.95.

I am interested in the Bose noise cancelling Headph 700 w/charging case at $399.95, so $50 more then ones Bose offers.

Can I get the credit and pay the $50 difference to get the ones I prefer?

I appreciate the answer so I can proceed. I called customer service for sleep buds but shut down momentarily.

Thanks

Mr2NuT123
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

New version..?

Hi guys, new here.  I've been thinking of getting a pair of these as they seem like the most comfortable and best sleepbuds out there, aside from the obvious battery issue.  I was half tempted to get a pair off eBay, but not knowing if they were the latest batch and no replacement units, I decided not to.

Any ideas (officially or unofficially) if a new design is coming out any time soon?  All other products that I can see don't have this nice in ear fitment and have wires.

I've got a neighbour with a yappy dog that wakes me up regularly so could do with something soon.

Johnj
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Fix for 58% charge

So my left earbud stopped charging at 58% I don’t know if the charger was firmly connected to the bud. I tried removing and placing it back and the light stayed solid indicating that it was fully charged at 58%. The battery didn’t go from 100 max charge to 58 over night. Software issue. So I took the buds BOTH off and cleaned the contacts on the base and the buds with alcohol and a qtip. Then I unplugged the charging case and used an Apple SIM card removal pin to reset the base, this is more effective than a sharp pin as it just stabs into the rubber reset button and can be difficult to actually hit. I held the button for 10 seconds and released. I placed the left earbud on the charger only and it started to blink. It’s now at 72% and counting charging pretty rapidly. I have an iPhone 11 updated to the latest firmware and the buds and app are both completely up to date as well. I have had this problem in the past and fixed it the same way. I hope this helps at least someone! 😃

DaveCorson
Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2019

Getting up to go, my left Sleepbud cuts out!

Recently, I noticed my left sleep bud cutting out when I make a trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night. It doesn't happen every night. But, it has been happening at least 50 percent of the time in the last two weeks. When I get back to the bed, I have to put the bud back in the case for an instant and then take it out and put it back in my ear and it's fine again.

Tegan_M

Re: Earbuds replacement for Quiet Comfort 35 wireless

Hi ccrivas, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

The community is a place for troubleshooting, therefore we are unable to assist you with any service options which have been provided to you. This will need to be done through our product support team. I apologize we cannot do any more to assist. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Tegan_M

Re: New version..?

Hello Mr2NuT123, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

We do not have any information regarding a new Sleepbud product as of yet. 

Do note, if you are looking to purchase from a third party, you will not be covered under warranty due to this being an unofficial sale. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Tegan_M

Re: Getting up to go, my left Sleepbud cuts out!

Hello Dave, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Your Sleepbuds have a Bluetooth range of up to 30 feet (9 m). Is it possible you could be exceeding this? 

If you were to take your connected device with you, does it still disconnect?