Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Re: US Sleepbud Owners- Help us improve by participating in a survey

Never sends the verification text message.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

I was thinking about asking the same questions! I'm wondering the longest battery life so far on the upgraded version. Pls bose considering Sleepbuds 2.0 version

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Touch wood, my current Sleepbud is now in its sixth month and this is the longest so far (it's my third pair; 1st pair, one of the magnets came loose; and 2nd pair one of the buds would only charge to 58%). The serial number of the current pair is 07879392360770AE - maybe useful to check production notes for this batch. A lot of folk out there including me would totally purchase V 2.0 if Bose decide to relaunch. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

@Kevski wrote:

A lot of folk out there including me would totally purchase V 2.0 if Bose decide to relaunch. 

Yes!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

I would also buy 2.0 in a heartbeat.

Am also on 8th month for 3rd replacement pair -- and have successfully re-attached both bud magnets with Gorilla Glue.  Like doing (almost) nano-surgery, and don't know how long it will last, but for now, it's working.

Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

My third pair just started acting up (58% left bud issue).  😞

My first two pairs only lasted about 50-60 cycles each before the 58% issues started. My third set I got last August 23, 2019. I got just over eight months, well beyond 50-60 cycles, then the 58% just started a week ago on this third set.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I have made several comments concerning the burning out of the Sleepbud batteries. I had my original pair for about 2 months before I started getting the same condition that everyone else experiences before the Sleepbuds fail to work correctly. I ordered another pair through the warranty process and thought about what made these batteries fail so quickly. I came to the conclusion that they were overheating in the round recharge case while it was "plugged in"! So I determined that if I charged the round charging case first so that all 5 lights are lit, then un-plug the case and insert the Sleepbuds and let them charge while the case was un-plugged. This process took several hours, depended on how far the batteries had discharged. I have been following this process for over a year now and they work perfectly, have had no problems. Now I am not an engineer but I thought this out and is working. Must be tried with a new pair of Sleepbuds not ones that have been charged the standard way. Good Luck.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

6 out of my 8 pairs had charging issues and I had already tried that early on.  Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.  It got so frustrating that I tried all sorts of gimmicks and tricks but nothing worked.

@AzPaul wrote:

I have made several comments concerning the burning out of the Sleepbud batteries. I had my original pair for about 2 months before I started getting the same condition that everyone else experiences before the Sleepbuds fail to work correctly. I ordered another pair through the warranty process and thought about what made these batteries fail so quickly. I came to the conclusion that they were overheating in the round recharge case while it was "plugged in"! So I determined that if I charged the round charging case first so that all 5 lights are lit, then un-plug the case and insert the Sleepbuds and let them charge while the case was un-plugged. This process took several hours, depended on how far the batteries had discharged. I have been following this process for over a year now and they work perfectly, have had no problems. Now I am not an engineer but I thought this out and is working. Must be tried with a new pair of Sleepbuds not ones that have been charged the standard way. Good Luck.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Does Bose have a plan?

Hi. First, I just want to thank Bose for this incredible product. I've suffered from insomnia for years and the Sleepbuds helped me get a full night's rest. There was no other product like it. My own Sleepbuds eventually stopped working for me and I got into the habit of exchanging them for fresh ones. They would work, blissfully, for a few months, before the battery issues inevitably started. And since they've been discontinued, I've had to continue this unfortunate process by buying them on eBay for an exorbitant premium. Yet I have no other options. I've tried other products made by other companies and they simply don't work. Either they're too uncomfortable and unwieldy or they don't mask sound properly. If I don't use Sleepbuds, I don't sleep and everything else in my life suffers the consequences. I would be happy to continue buying them at retail even if they croaked on me after a few months, just because then at least I could consistently sleep. I wonder, as battery technology continues to progress, if this product will become viable to manufacture again. From what I've gathered, the tiny battery is the limiting factor when it comes to making the Sleepbuds. They have to last through the night, which is something that your average wireless earbuds can't yet do. I wonder, if by stripping some of the non-essential functionality, Bose could make a version of Sleepbuds with existing battery technology. What I mean is, I don't need them to connect to my phone or Bluetooth at all. Was the Bluetooth connectivity a significant draw on the battery? I'd be more than happy for Sleepbuds that simply played one sound, at a decent volume, and that was it. Ideally, they would play one solid masking sound, like rainfall or a babbling brook, and all you have to do is put them in your ears at night and charge them during the day. Is that a possibility? Or does Bose already have a plan as far as re-releasing a version of this life-changing product? I feel desperate, and as though I've run out of options here. I'd gladly pay twice retail for Sleepbuds that work consistently long-term. Please don't give up on this product, Bose! There are many people out here that truly need them.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Does Bose have a plan?

They have announced many times that they have not abandoned sleepbuds, however Bose never comment on upcoming products until they are officially announced.  So unless they announce that they work has not been worthwhile and they have stopped development you can assume you'll see a new pair in the next couple of years.

As for some of your comments, they would need BT to control things like volume, tracks and settings as well as to connect to each other for synching.  However BT changes all the time and becomes more efficient.

You talk about cutting back on the tech, but most of the negative feedback that wasn't about the battery, was from people who wanted to play their own music/sounds/podcasts etc (needs which I think were unwarranted, but it's still what people wanted).  So I think they would be more likely to add than take away.