Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Ive only just realised there was a full refund offer on sleep buds that expired 31st December. Is that still available or even an exchange for another product?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: US Sleepbud Owners- Help us improve by participating in a survey

"to better understand customer needs and improve our communications"

I suggest you start here......

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

AzPaul,  thanks for that tip.  I have a pair that have been working flawlessly up until a couple of nights ago.   I normally put mine in the charging case when I wake up, and leave them there until I go to bed.  Imagine my surprise when suddenly the right bud only showed 58%!   I've already had three sets exchanged over this very issue, but now there aren't any more left to exchange.  So I slept with them that night, and thankfully the 58% got me through the night.   The next morning, I unplugged the charging case, put the buds in, and sure enough they were 100% at bed time.   Great tip!

My luck, the charging issue resolved, but now I have the magnet coming out of the same bud to deal with.   Hate to say it's a good thing I've had that problem before, because I'd rather not have that problem, but I've successfully dealt with that issue before.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2015

@jlanephoto :

How did you solve the battery issue? Mine came off a couple of nights ago but I haven't manage to get it back in place. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Noise masking sleepbuds charging problem

Dear Sir, 

I am using brand new sleepbuds for only 3 days and found it doesn't work anymore for right ear. it shows 3 lights on which should be charging problem.

My Friend bought it from US for me. the serial number is [removed by moderator]

I am locate in Taiwan, I have just called Taiwan service center, they mentioned they cannot do any help on this.

How can I exchange a new set or refund now ?

My contact email is [removed by moderator]

tks

Chris

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Silvercheek, I tried what AzPaul mentioned a couple of posts above mine.  Charge the buds in the case without the case being plugged in.   So when you take the buds out at night, make sure your case is plugged in and charging while you sleep.   When you wake up, unplug your case, then put your buds in.   Let the buds charge in the case without the case being plugged in.  No promises this "fixes" the issue, but I tried this after the first night my buds hit the magical 58% charge.   Three nights later they have made it to 100% each night.   Keeping my fingers crossed.

And my luck the magnet jumped off of my desk mid-repair and is now hiding from me.   What a pain!  I am going to contact Bose and pray they will have mercy on me and send me a couple of spare magnets.   With all of the returns they've had, you would hope they have a few magnets laying around 🙂

Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2015

@jlanephoto Ah, I understood that you had the magnet issue before and was curious to how you solved that. Mine came out just the other day.

On the other hand, according to cs in Sweden, they still have sleepbuds on stock so I am getting mine replaced.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

First time I fixed the magnet by use of superglue, nail polish remover, quips, lots of unprintable words, and patience.  Tried using a pair of tweezers to superglue the magnet back in place.  Got it in, only to realize that I got it in backwards.  The magnets repelled each other.  So I had to pry the magnet back out, then clean the hole as it now had dried superglue in it.  The magnet wouldn’t fit correctly.  Did I mention that tweezers are magnetic, and the little bitty magnet sticks and flips like crazy when you are trying to put it back in place.  Also, the curve of the earpiece is magnetic, and would pull the little bitty magnet there while trying to put it in place, with seconds to act with superglue in place.  

So you get the idea that it is not easy.  It wasn’t.  I stuck with it until I got it.  And after enough tries I did.  I was rewarded two mo the later by the 58% battery issue.  

This time around, the magnet fell off while I was trying to get it in position to put back in the hole.  It fell on the floor, and I haven’t been able to find it.  I called Bose in hopes of being able to buy a magnet (I mean how many returns of defective earbuds do they have?).  But they said they won’t sell them.  They recommended that I send them back and wait for a refund.    So I bought a used earbud case on eBay with the hopes of being able to harvest a magnet off of it.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Enable starting the app with only one Sleepbud detected

Hi Bose Staff,

I have a suggestion since many people are having issues with a single sleepbud not charging. Please allow the app to open even if only one sleepbud is detected. Considering you can immediately place a single sleepbud back on charge (thus disconnecting it from the app) and continue to just use one it seems like it would be fairly trivial to allow a button to "Continue with 1 detected sleepbud only" on the start screen when the app is initially looking for the buds. I of course don't mean when pairing, just when the app is opened each time and it looks to re-connect to the sleepbuds.

I am still waiting on my replacement buds and with all the different issues I am having this app fix would mean i get to bed 5 minutes earlier instead of trying to charge and restart my right bud 5 or 6 times before it'll connect to the app.

Thanks and stay safe 🙂

Highlighted

Re: Enable starting the app with only one Sleepbud detected

Hello Pottypotsworth,

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

I will happily pass this onto our development team as a feature request. 

Have a lovely day!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!