Keith_L

Re: Ear pain and infection with sleepbuds

Hi harleyman,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue when using your Sleepbuds and I would be happy to help.

Given the nature of the situation, I would highly recommend that you get in touch with your local support team, so we can look into this further with you. You can find their contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
eduardogomez
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2020

Re: BOSE NOISE MASKING SLEEPBUDS, Returned on 10/15/2019

Yes, I too returned my earbuds in early December. I suppose it is far too early to expect any refund, based on the comments here.

These were helpful to me. However, I didn't want them to eventually burn out in another year or two. I sent them back with the expectation that I would be refunded my $250 within "4-6 weeks."

This is a very bad look for the Bose Corporation. I don't think I'll be purchasing any of your products again based upon this fiasco. Hate to see it. Your reputation has taken a severe hit, and offering refunds for products that no longer work as promised -- and then failing to deliver those refunds -- is dishonest.

I've spent 20 minutes clicking around on the Bose website looking for a way to contact customer service. The links offered here either lead to a main page, or a dead-end, and so, I've registered for this forum in order to write out my complaint.

SallyC
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds caused tinnitus?

I started using Bose Sleepbuds in June last year and noticed ringing in my ears after the first time of use. However, it went away after an hour or two so I continued using them. The ringing quickly became permanent though and I stupidly carried on using them because they genuinely helped me to sleep. I really wish I hadn't as the ringing is driving me crazy despite stopping using the Sleepbuds in August last year. I had 3 pairs of the Sleepbuds, as Bose replaced the first two pairs due to the not charging problem. The third pair failed too at the time that Bose pulled the product so I stopped using them as they only half charged. I had noticed there was a high pitched clicking noise (in all 3 pairs) and wondered if I was imagining it, but I have seen lots of commentators have mentioned this, with several people stating that the clicking was at a pitch which exceeds safety levels. I have had endless, disjointed WhatsApp conversations with Bose, as well as a telephone conversation in which I was assured that someone would revert to me within 48-72 hours (10 days ago) but I haven't been contacted. Each conversation assured me that Bose had never heard anything about Sleepbuds causing Tinnitus and this was news to them - despite me pointing out that lots of people have reported the same problem in numerous forums, with Bose representatives responding - and then closing - the forums, as clearly they are bad publicity. One Bose's operative suggested asking my husband to try the Sleepbuds to see if the same thing happened to him! 🙄  

PaulBe
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

It sounds like we’ve had exactly the same experience. 

I can’t count the number of times I’ve been lied to bu Bose.  After months of being ignored. I managed to speak to someone yesterday who promised to send an email so I could reply and provide evidence of my tinnitus. They obviously didn’t email me and I’m back to square one.  

This is really starting to feel like a cover up and they are desperately trying to hide the fact that the sleep buds potential cause tinnitus. 

I only noticed the high pitched signal only the last night or two before I stopped using them, but I’ve had pretty constant tinnitus since then. 

Rene_H
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Re: I would appreciate input from Bose - CS Belgium not helpful - replacement buds/new battery promi

Any luck yet Alyunna?

i need to get a new pair as well.

Starting to hate this company.

mikeyk
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Just came here to check on the same thing. I sent the back in early December and was starting to wonder where the refund check is. I will call this week to see if I can get an update. Also surprised that the only record is the UPS tracking... no other emails or communication.

eduardogomez
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2020

Yeah, I mean, I'm struggling to understand this. It's hard to tell from looking around online just how many people have gotten their money back.

This was an expensive purchase. They stopped being able to charge and could no longer download sounds. I'd only had them for about 8 months. People sent the earbuds back in good faith. Did I donate $250 to the Bose Corporation? I have neither the earbuds nor the money I paid for them. Some might call that theft.

I'm giving it another week before I start making lives miserable for anybody at their company offices I can get on the phone.

SallyC
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Ignoring the problem does seem to be the Bose policy. They've had 5 days to respond to us on their own blog so the lack of response is clearly not an oversight. And their assertion that they are unaware of the problem is ridiculous. Just a few minutes of Googling 'Bose Sleepbuds and tinnitus' reveals lots of unhappy users. Check out these links, all of which are on Bose's own community blogs.  Come on Bose - your silence speaks volumes .....

Page 1 - https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Experiencing-high-pitched-tone-in-my-head-tinnitus-...

Page 2 - https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Experiencing-high-pitched-tone-in-my-head-tinnitus-...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wellness-Archive/High-pitched-chirping-clicking-or-ticking-sound-in-on...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wellness-Archive/High-pitched-chirping-clicking-or-ticking-sound-in-on...

see message no. 7 from LizPDX - https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/Sleepbuds-Discontinuing-Discussion/m-p/241583#M4078

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Re: I would appreciate input from Bose - CS Belgium not helpful - replacement buds/new battery promi

Just to confirm, since we discontinued sales of the product in October 2019 we have been replacing customer units with a pair that has newly manufactured batteries. These newer units are also less likely to be susceptible to problems than an older one.

Sorry to hear @Alyunna that you hadn't had any follow up. Please let me us know if you are still running into issues or if you have received your exchange.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jen H
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Sleepbud battery issue/replacement

Hello,   I love my Bose Sleepbuds and am aware that they are being re-vamped to address the battery issues.  I have held onto my pair as I NEED them but lately the left earbud is not charging past 58%  ( I know a common issue).  I read that one can receive the most recent manufactured earbuds that may have less battery issues.  Wondering if I can receive a pair and return my current pair.  Of course, once the battery issue is resolved I would like to obtain a new and improved pair.   Please advise.  Thank you!