Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Good luck with the refund I received a invoice saying it would be in my account in 3-5 working days when I rang to ask where was it they said it should be 3-4 weeks.

4 weeks have now elapsed and still no refund.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Same thing happened to me, I'm still waiting 7 days from the new date for a refund. All I want to know is when the refund is actually going to happen, not a 14 day random window.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Sleep buds

The sleepbuds are not noise cancelling.  They are considered noise masking and they do that because of the sounds played.  The idea is that they play sounds with similar tones to what you are trying to block out and therefore the pleasant sounds mask the unpleasant noises.

If you are playing no sounds, then they are just an expensive pair of ear plugs.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2016

Thank you for advising everyone about this issue. I have since moved from where we purchased the sleepbuds and do not have a Bose store in the state (Tasmania).  I went to the premium dealer listed in Hobart, but they said i need to contact Bose directly using the forms on your website.  I cannot find any forms for this and would like to know how i go about requesting a replacement (I would like to keep using them as long as possible).

kind regards

Olfella

Highlighted

Hi Olfella, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! I am sorry to hear that you are having issues returning your Sleepbuds and would love to assist you further with this. 

Due to the region that you are located in there isn't a forum that is currently available for you to do this, you will need to contact Bose Australia via this link here so that the team can look into this further for you and advise you on the next steps of the process. You can also find our full Sleepbuds statement here for more information on the future of Sleepbuds. 

If you have any issues reaching the team or questions about your Sleepbuds please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Hi @Olfella 

I'm in Melbourne and contacted Bose by phone on 1800-023-367

They emailed me a pre-paid shipping label to print out. I posted the Sleepbuds off and the shipping had tracking that kept me updated via email.

Bose said that it would then be 4–6 weeks for me to receive the refund in my bank account.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

I'm in the same boat! Returned the sleepbuds on 06/10/2019, marked as received on 08/10/2019 was told that the money would be in my account this week. That's 26 working days, still nothing, no sign of the money and no follow up from Bose. On the WhatsApp chat last week, Monday,  I was told that the money was showing as processed, would be there in 3-5 days, still nothing. When I complained I was basically told to suck it up....That it could be worse! What could be worse? No money and no sleepbuds is pretty bad.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

I just processed my exchange with Bose.  It works on a forward basis, so you keep your current SleepBuds until you receive the new ones, then send the old ones back.

Bose said my new ones will ship within 10 business days.  I already received the return UPS shipping label.

The whole process was really easy, just needed the (very tiny) serial number from the back of the charging case.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

You might want to check on returning the buds after you receive the replacement. That's the way it worked for the first 6 I returned but for the last pair, they didn't ship until they received the return.

Mike

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Has anyone who requested a refund actually received their refund? This is my main concern.

Second question: has anyone found any wireless earbuds that last at least 8 hours on a charge, and are small enough/don't poke out of your ear too much so you can sleep comfortably all night? I'm grateful for any suggestions anyone has.