Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

So what's the protocol for those of us who don't physically have them anymore because we finally accepted they were useless and tossed them in the trash? I did that a couple of weeks ago since my 3rd (maybe my 4th?) replacement pair became useless about 2 weeks after I received it. I reached out to Bose repeatedly since my issues started with my first pair over a year ago and was constantly told that neither a refund nor a trade-in for another product was an option, so I'd feel extremely cheated if I were not able to get a refund. Gotta admit, my trust in Bose is extremely shaken after this debacle.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

I'm so sad that these are being discontinued and I admit, I am nervous that there are other issues that we are not being told--that they damage hearing. 

BUT, assuming I'm just paranoid, I spent this last week in NYC telling everyone about how great the sleep buds were. Other people in my group had a hard time sleeping because Manhattan is loud, but I woke up refreshed and happy because my sleep buds masked sirens and other street noises. 

Bose--please, please keep us in your loop and get moving on this new product. We light-sleepers NEED YOU. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Mine were purchased as a Christmas gift for me from Amazon.com, and I registered them as soon as I received them. Am I able to return for a refund as well? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

After decades of struggle with a snoring partner and 24/7 tinnitus, I found Noise Masking Sleepbuds last year, and they literally changed my life.  They greatly reduced the snoring sounds -- and gave me several sounds I could play and focus on, thereby giving my brain a nightly break from the relentless screeching of tinnitus.  For the first time in 25 years, I am sleeping for 6-7 hours nightly.

I AM now due to receive my 4th replacement pair early next week -- having experienced first a failure to fully charge the left bud, then the left charging magnet disconnecting from its bud, and then, just a couple days ago with a 3rd replacement, a failure to pair the buds with the app.

I'm unhappy with the need for multiple replacements, but when I compare the replacement frustration with the vastly improved sleep life I've had with the Sleepbuds -- I would GLADLY continue to use and replace them as needed while on-going developments and improvements were made.  It's truly difficult to express how disturbing this news of discontinuance is to me.  So, I'd like to offer to become a volunteer tester to help Bose make a more reliable product.  In the interim -- I hope the new pair works indefinitely -- and that I won't have to return to the marketplace to try to find a product that helps as much as this one does.  Message to Bose General Manager John Roselli -- PLEASE -- don't give up on this one -- make it better.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

@LizPDX They are safe to use and are not being recalled. If your sleepbuds™ are still working fine, we encourage you to keep using them. If you encounter issues, we will continue to provide full support.

Sleepbuds are being discontinued and won't be sold further, but we will honor the warranty and you can process an exchange.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

@SD.1990 We will honor our warranty. If you want to continue using your sleepbuds™, we'll replace them with a pair that has newly manufactured batteries.

To be clear, we haven't fixed the battery-related issues, but these newer units are less likely to be susceptible to problems than an older one. We expect — but can't guarantee — that we'll have enough inventory to offer replacements into early 2020. (Please allow up to 4 weeks for your replacement to arrive.)

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

@TOMike the best thing to do is go to http://worldwide.bose.com/support/sleepbuds and use the links from there. Thanks!

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

@slconline You can return your sleepbuds™ for a full refund through December 31, 2019. (The process and timeline of your refund will vary by region; please allow at least 4-6 weeks for processing once your returned product is received.) Just go to http://worldwide.bose.com/support/sleepbuds and use the link there.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2018

This is very disappointing, especially for those of us who were on board from the beginning. And I know a lot of people were frustrated with the issues they were encountering, as well as with the lack of answers coming from Bose.

I think the latter has been explained by information about the battery that came out today. And the offer of a full refund is pretty remarkable. I also have to say that the level of support I have gotten from calling into Bose has been amazing. 

The fact that a lot of people who still have working units, myself included, are planning to keep using them is evidence that there is a need for this product, and I hope Bose keeps working to find a reliable battery provider. 

Unfortunately because sleepbuds are in many ways tied to an app, this probably means the product is going to have a definite end-of-life moment. Be aware of that if you choose to not pursue a refund. There will come a day when mobile OS updates break the app, and it's not reasonable to expect Bose to continue coding software for a discontinued product. But more likely, our batteries are going to quit before that day.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

I think we all saw this coming. It would be nice if Bose would sell parts that were still working, in my case the magnets kept falling off but the other bud was ok.

Mike