Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

How do you feel now that they just announced the SleepBuds 2? Thanks for letting us know you were working on this while we had issues with the original SleepBuds. 🙄

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Can I get an exchange on my SleepBuds 1 that have the issue with Rubbing noise for a pair of SleepBuds 2? I feel like Bose not sharing this information during the refund/replacement period was poor customer service. I still have the issue with the rubbing noise and have to cover the buds with plumbers tape weekly. If the new version has corrected this issue I feel like that should be the proper way to replace the broken original ones. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

Well, I take back my previous concerns.  I tried again this morning with the support number, got right through to a person (I guess yesterday was just a bad day, callwise) and they're replacing the defective Series I's with a new set of Series II's.  So it looks like Bose is doing right by us after all.  I wish Bose would've just told us this outright. 🙂  Here's hoping the majority of the issues were resolved.

I encourage everyone who has defective first generation devices to give support a call, it took me less than 7 minutes total for them to get me sorted out.

Cheers.

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 24, 2020

I just called and they are replacing mine with SleepBuds II as well.  Almost glad I waited ... they had previously offered a pair of QC II’s but I was able to change that replacement to the SleepBuds II.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I just called and was told they could NOT replace my defective Sleepbuds I with II, and that the Sleepbuds II were for new orders only.  Called 1.800.379.2073.

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

I just called and they were very nice. They are replacing mine with version 2!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Same thing here...very nice and they are replacing with V2's.

Didnt even have to ask, he just did it.

Oddly enough, I preordered the V2's last month for the wife as my V1's "were" still working perfectly after a year.  They were the 3rd replacements though.  Died last night!

Now, she gets a new set and so do I.  🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

I got the problem with the magnet falling of the sleepbud for the second time in a row...

Called Bose helpline and they're sending me the sleepbuds V2.

I'm in Canada.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

What number did you call? I can't find the one I used when they originally replaced my first set. They were very helpful, though. As I said elsewhere, they won me over. Things occasionally happen with products. The difference between an average company, and a great company is how they handle it when problems arise. Do they send you to an orphaned phone number with one receptionist from lower slabovia, or do they correct the situation in the most reasonable and customer friendly way. 

I was really impressed with the Customer service provided by Bose. Even though I continue to have problems with one of the current products I am using. I am confident they will make good on it. Which is why I now buy everything Bose when I can.  I have spent over $4k on different Bose products since then. Not a bad investment for them on a $250 product. That's how important Customer Service is. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Surprisingly after 9 months without the battery charging issue, I'm starting to have volume issues (initially at night - right ear volume lower than the other) but by morning, sounds from both earbuds are barely audible.

I'm in the US.  Called Bose and they are shipping me V2 for free.  According to rep, they don't do advanced replacement anymore, so I have to ship back my V1 unit first.  Rep told me that it would take 4 weeks although she would expedite it.  I asked rep if it's because there's limited V2 units in stock but she told me that it was in stock.  My thought is that if there's limited supply, then I'd rather call Bose 1-2 months later when there may be more inventory so I can get it sooner than 4 weeks.

Anyone already received their V2 replacement? How long did it take for you to get it?