Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

@alphalog We'll be happy to help you with an exchange of your current pair. http://worldwide.bose.com/support/sleepbuds should be the easiest way but you can use https://worldwide.bose.com/contact as well

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

@fractalbrain wrote:

* Marketing:  It seems a lot of people were confused why the Sleepbuds cost so much, but can't play music, or have active noise cancelling.  I think there are obvious reasons why that's not the case, but I think most consumers may not see that.  I'm not exactly sure how the marketing (ads, website, packaging) should be changed, but I think _something_ should be changed.  

It's really hard to market something with the message, "Buy this! It won't do X." That's why their marketing focused on what the product can do, not what it can't. But there might have been room for improvement at the next layer of information - i.e., the website or literature the prospective customer consults to get more information. That should have explained why music can't be played and why noise cancelling wasn't included. People like to feel informed, and leaving them in the dark about something like this just lets them draw their own conclusions - e.g., Bose has no idea what people want and is out of touch. Hardly the message they needed to get across.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

I agree with many of the contributors here. When the sleepbuds work they have been a god send and have genuinely improved my sleep. However they have also caused some stress normally when you are trying to get to sleep.

I will miss them and hope that you do indeed try to get a product to market that works.

Thanks for finally facing in to the issues. As others have said, quicker response in future will help to ensure that your loyal customers remain loyal. 

Overall well done for apologising and accepting that it’s back to the drawing board.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

@DavidBaron @toriellen 

If your sleepbuds are still working, we encourage you to keep using them!

If they become problematic, contact us and we’ll replace them with a new pairWe expect — but can’t guarantee — that we’ll have enough inventory to offer replacements into early 2020. (Please allow up to 4 weeks for your replacement to arrive.)

I don't have more details on the newly manufactured batteries, but remember, we will honor our warranty.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

@DavidBaron wrote:

I'm looking for some advice:  I might be one of the luckier ones - my sleepbuds have worked almost perfectly for the past 10 months. Maybe 2-4 times have one (or both) buds not recharged to 100%. I think in those few cases one of them only got to like 38% or something, or maybe both. Either way, I removed/re-seated the buds, charged for a half hour and could then get thru the night...

Regardless, I want to ask:  Am I risking a 'good' pair if I turn them in to a local Bose store for a 'new' pair, with 'better' batteries? And that assumes that I can exchange in that way... I do NOT want to mail in what I have and be without anything for 2+ weeks. But again, assuming I can do an in-person exchange, am I being foolish to get rid of something that essentially works, for something that may not work nearly as well?

How long have the 'new' batteries been in production, and have you metrics on how many of *those* have resulted in failures/returns? In other words, are they commercially better, or simply scientifically better?

Thank you.

I don't have answers to your questions, but I've had mine for just over 3 months, and they've been almost problem free. I think your partial charging issues are due to the buds getting unseated from the charger, not from a battery issue (it happens occasionally to me, too). I've only had minor issues. First, the app would show the buds as disconnected at night or when I woke up. I fixed that by "forgetting" the buds, clearing the app's data, and then re-pairing. Then, one bud became very quiet, and on close examination in turned out it was full of earwax. Two minutes with a toothpick fixed the problem completely. Finally, I had the pillow noise that every other side sleeper experiences, and that's fixed pretty much completely using masking tape.

So, I'm going to take a gamble and keep the sleepbuds. It' still possible that I have a "dud" pair since it's only been three months. But yours have lasted 10 months!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

I’m on my 2nd pair and if I were you I would stick with what you have. Sounds like you’re doing relatively well compared to most of us.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

This is truly a shame.

Despite the issues, these have consistently worked for me in phone free mode.

Please reconsider taking them off the market.  

There are those of us who rely on Bose Sleepbuds to get any quality sleep.

Looking forward to the next iteration.

Will we be allowed to buy another pair, instead of a refund?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

This is so sad. I LOVE my buds, when they worked. I’ve had six pairs and Bose has been great about replacements. Last tech told me let the case battery drain, don’t keep it plugged in. This pair has lasted about a month. I will take the refund sadly. These have helped so much with a snoring partner. Any other brands? I’ve been all over the net trying to find an alternative 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

There will come a day when mobile OS updates break the app

I plan on installing the app on a old device in case of that happening.

Mike

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

I just received my third replacement set and they have not (as of yet) stopped working.  I was told that I would have a full year warranty starting when I received them, but then got the email that I could only return them until December 31 of this year.  I really believe that we should have that date extended until maybe December of 2020 or at least June of 2020.  Only giving 2 months seems a little harsh.  I would like to know if that time frame can be extended a bit for people who have only recently received a pair of these?