Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

My 2-year warranty extends well past Dec. 2019.  If I keep my Sleepbuds but they fail in March 2020 after you run out of replacements, what will you do for me?  I need to decide if I should get a refund now.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

@meredith02 wrote:

Certain sounds are really effective for me, like shoreline and broadwalk. I wonder if the sounds could be downloaded and then used with another type of earbud (for example sleepphones) or another type of Bose earbud. I'm just trying to think of alternatives because many people on her and FB say how the sleepbuds have helped them to sleep and includes me as well!

Check out mynoise.net. They have a wide range of white noise sounds, and you can also customize them with an equalizer so you can get more or less high or low frequency intensity. before I got my sleepbuds I masked my partner's snoring fairly well using one of these sounds. You're almost certain to find something you like. The app and some of the sounds costs a few bucks, but you can try out many examples on the web version for free.

Highlighted

Re: Bose Sleepbuds recall - racism in China market / Different ways to treat Chinese customer

Hi Maxxie, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! We’re sorry to hear you have had a negative support experience with getting a refund for your sleepbuds. Our goal is to do whatever it takes to make things right with you. 

The offer for a refund is for all of our Sleepbuds customers and while the process will vary depending on the region that you are located in you can return your Sleepbuds for a full refund through until December 31st, 2019. We have sent you a private message directly so that we can get a little more detail about your experience so we can assist you further with this! 

I also want to make it clear to you and all other community members in this thread that the Sleepbuds do not present any safety issues and are not being recalled. However, because the battery we chose doesn't work as consistently or as predictably as it should to meet our standards that we have decided to discontinue the product. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

I purchased 3 pairs from bose authorized retailers. 2 sometime back and 1 pair last week. All are working fine. Does bose have the sounds to use in any of their other headphones?

Also, would I need to submit 3 different claims if I wanted a refund for all of them or one claim and ship all in the same box? ( we all have the same address)

Lastly, I paid the msrp + taxes. How is the refund amount calculated?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Hello, 

Just found out today that you are discontinuing the Sleepbuds due to charging issues. I'm currently on my third pair (first one had a magnet fall out, second had battery charging issue (only charged to 68%) in right side sleepbud and my third pair also has a battery charging issue in right sleepbud (charging erratically sometimes to 58% but often only to 37%); so I totally get why you would decide to withdraw this product. I'm really hoping that you can put additional development time into bringing out a new version of this great product. This was the only noise masking product that enabled me to sleep at night, so I'm fairly gutted that you are discontinuing this product. There are thousands of users around the world who I am sure are feeling the same way.  Ultimately, I realise it will depend on further development to micro battery technology that can be done in a safe manner. So I'm just going to hope that you don't abandon this area completely - for many folk out there are depending on this product. 

Thanks,

Kevski

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

In case anyone is interested in knowing, you can tell when your device was manufactured by the serial #.  I am not 100% sure that this is accurate for the sleepbuds, but it's accurate for other Bose products.

After the letter in the middle of your serial number, mine is a Z:

1. First digit is the year.  Mine=9 = 2019
  2. Next 3 digits is the day of the year.  Mine=208 = July 27th.

So I'm expecting that the newly manufactured version will have a much more recent manufacturing date.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

There's been a lot of really great discussion going on in here, as well as some questions, so I wanted to take the time to address a few things.

For everyone who commented on how much they enjoy their sleepbuds and ask that we continue to work with the product: I want to assure you that Bose remains committed to developing innovative solutions to help the millions of people who struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep.

If you would like, you can join our mailing list to stay in the loop on our latest sleep innovations. Please visit https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/wellness/noise_masking_sleepbuds/noise-masking-sleepbuds.html and click 'Subscribe' to sign up.

For those of you wondering what would happen if you experience an issue after December, 31st, 2019: You’ll be covered under the product’s 2-year warranty, which includes a replacement if available, or a refund. If a replacement is not available, you will receive a refund.

Remember that replacements will be drawn from a limited supply of sleepbuds™ with newly manufactured batteries that are less susceptible — but not immune — to the battery-related issues. We expect — but can’t guarantee — that we’ll have enough inventory to offer replacements into early 2020. Also to reiterate, the process and timeline for your refund will vary by region; please allow at least 4-6 weeks for processing once your returned product is received.

Regarding the Sleep app: We are committed to supporting customers whose sleepbuds™ are working fine. We will continue to support the Bose Sleep app through bug fixes and operating system upgrades on both iOS and Android platforms.

Also regarding the battery if you exchange your sleepbuds, the new ones you receive will have the newly manufactured battery.

I hope this information helps clarify any questions you have, but please keep them coming and the discussion going!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

I’m extremely saddened by these results with how much these have helped me but seeing as how I was about to request my 3rd pair, I appreciate BOSE’s owning up to the problem. I look forward to the next generation of the product.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

I absolutely love  my sleep buds they have worked very well for blocking out most of  the snoring and outside noise. I have had very few issues with them but thought it worth noting that: 

- I only use them “ no phone” connection- unfounded concerns about Bluetooth near my  brain every night.....This means I get the same noise every night and only for 2hrs. This suits me perfectly . Although it’s brilliant to be able to restart the sound just by returning them to the case for a couple of seconds. 

- I did have a couple of issues with the battery but that was in the middle of winter - it seemed the low temperature impacted on the charger. This was fixed when I moved the charging to a warmer room. 

- I like others do find it takes a bit of perseverance to get the buds to sit in the case to charge but that’s often when I’m still half asleep anyway .

I hope Bose do as they say and continue with finding a solution because they really have been a lifesaver for me . 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I’m just sick over this. Will the app vanish from the Play and App Store and make these null and void?   I love this product and they cured my insomnia... I mean I was addicted to sleep medications and they played a huge part in my going drug free!  Please answer questions or you’ve lost a customer for life.  I own 15 Bose products, I love it but if you give up on us this was I’m just done. 

[Edited by moderator]