Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Re: ! Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Unfortunately the Quieton product does not have the alarm feature which I really need.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Thank you to whomever suggested the MyNoise app (and mynoise.net).  It’s super brilliant for different completely-adjustable sounds!  And it’s free (with other sound options available at low cost).  I’m trying the QC20 wired earbuds, together with a pillow with ear cut-outs for side sleeping (this pillow was great for the sleepbuds too).  It seems feasible so far.  Once a wireless option comes out that can reliably last all night, I’ll switch back.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

@toriellen

I’m trying the QC20 wired earbuds, together with a pillow with ear cut-outs for side sleeping (this pillow was great for the sleepbuds too).  It seems feasible so far. 

How are you finding sleeping with the wire?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

I just tried it out briefly thus far, but you can clip the wire to your shirt, which should help keep it in place.  If you toss and turn a lot, it might be problematic though.  But the wire is long enough for turning over.  I need to experiment with the placement of the wire and my phone.  The ear tips are the same style as the sleepbuds, so they should stay in place well.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

I have an overactive brain that starts firing on all cylinders when it is time to sleep.  In addition, for years I fought with a borderline case of sleep apnea.  I used a small bluetooth speaker under my pillow to pump the sounds of the ocean where I could hear it (I'm a side sleeper) when in bed, and it helped a lot.   Spouse and kids staying up late watching loud tv didn't.   The discovery of the Sleepbuds was nothing short of a miracle once I got past the $249 price tag.  It dramatically changed my sleep for the better.   Having the sleepbuds I am not limited to hearing out of one ear and dealing with any other sounds through the other, but having both ears involved not only isolates me from whatever is going on around me, the sound (I prefer Boardwalk) is more like I am thinking the sound than hearing it.   It is the first thing that actually calms my brain down when I try to sleep.  

I initially had a set for about 4 months, then had issues with the buds staying attached to the charger.   Bose replaced them without question in April of 2019.   I had a magnet coming loose a couple of weeks back (probably the issue with the first set), but figured out how to fix it with a pair of tweezers and a small dab of superglue.   They have been flawless since.   That's currently almost 6 months with this set.  When I got the email that they were being discontinued, I initially wanted to return them for a refund while I had the chance.  I was bummed, but figured it was the right call.  I tried a few things while waiting for the label to come via email, and decided that I can't given them up now.   Nothing else works like they do.  They are working, and I still have time to return them in the next few months if something starts going south.   So not only am I keeping them, but I went as far as to buy one of the last sets at a local Best Buy to have for backup once I found out they were being discontinued.   That is how much these things mean to me and my ability to sleep at night.   I am hopeful between the two sets they last long enough until Bose comes out with a replacement product.   This product may not be perfect as is currently, but kudo's to Bose for trying and for at least some of us making a positive difference.  I look forward to the day they are able to address the issues and release an improved product. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Helpful info perhaps......

My right bud has the 58% charging issue and in the last 2 days I have managed to be able to get the bud fully charged so I'm a little sceptical that the battery is the issue but I'd think it's more so the firmware which tells the battery unit to charge said earbuds.

I've discovered that when my ear bud gets to the 58% stop point, and the charge light stays solidly lit, If I push either of the buds down firmly, whilst in the charging case, and hold them down so that the charging contacts push down, the charging lights go off and then lights 1,3 and 5 come back on shortly before showing the normal charge lights. I take the buds out and put them back into the charging position and that right bud charge light starts flashing slowly to indicate that it's now charging. The left bud charge light stays lit as it is already fully charged. The right bud goes to 100% after doing this.

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

I really hope Bose will continue to work on these and get a new version out ASAP, this product has been life changing for me (unlike most other tech products which are just needless luxuries) and I hope my current pair will get me through until then. 

I haven't had any charging issues with mine so it's not as if they're all faulty!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Love my sleepbuds | Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

I am on my 4th pair. Had them 2-months. No issue with this pair. I love them. I have slept so much better because of them. EVERY CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I spoke to in each exchange was helpful and told me there was an issue, especially with the left bud. THANK YOU for this innovative product. Thank you for not giving up on developing a new version. YOU WOULD HAVE TO PRY THEM OUT OF MY HANDS TO GET THEM BACK. No refund for me. I'll use them to their last gasp.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Refund Can Happen After 12/31/2019 If No More SleepBuds Are Available

Hi Tegan

I am replying to your post given you are a Bose employee (moderator) and part of your post appears to contradict with the official Bose statement regarding Sleepbuds being discontinued.

Are you sure about what you say?

According to the FAQ section of the official Bose announcement that Sleepbuds are being discontinued; the FAQ "What if I experience an issue after December 31, 2019?" says if a customer decides to keep a working pair beyond 12/31/2019, and then a problem occurs, if a replacement is not available the customer will receive a refund.  

Bose's answer in the FAQ: "You’ll be covered under the product’s two-year warranty, which includes a replacement, if available, or a refund. Please be advised that replacements will be drawn from a limited supply of sleepbuds™ with newly manufactured batteries that are less susceptible — but not immune — to the battery-related issues. We expect — but can’t guarantee — that we’ll have enough inventory to offer replacements into early 2020. If a replacement is not available, you will receive a refund. The process and timeline for your refund will vary by region; please allow at least 4-6 weeks for processing once your returned product is received."

clipboard_image_0.png

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

I just got the notification last night from Bose that they'll withdraw this product. Me too as a light sleeper and can't sleep well without it. And I'm in the exactly same position as you did, I'm not sure if I will refund it if the buds continue working. And I'm also very frustrated and anxious about how I'm going to sleep without it, bummer. Kind of like growing addition on those buds and can't get over without it. 

I thought they'll try to fix it and replace it with a newer and updated version, cause I trust Bose. Now They just give up? Come on, Bose !