Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion - Possible alternative / stop-gap measure

mmtrago - Mine were delivered back to Bose on 10/11, and I received the refund check in the mail today. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

I am so sorry. I just love mine. They have been wonderful. Changed my life.  Now I get a marvelous mini nap daily and wake refreshed. Look forward to the next ones. Would be nice if they could work with my own music on iPhone. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

I brought the sleepbuds from Best Buy, and I want to refund it, what should I do? Refund it to Bose or Best Buy

Highlighted

Hi Kevin Zhang, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community, i'll happily assist you with this. 

If you are looking for a refund on your Sleepbuds, please reach out to your regions Bose product support team. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will be able to help. I would recommend that you have some proof of purchase handy also. 

If you have any further questions, please let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

I'm gutted as I love and depend on this product. Not surprised tho. I'm on my third pair and the left is already loosing power more quickly than the right so will have to replace again. So yes, it must be a very expensive process for BOSE.

But their customer service has been impeccable. The replacements come through quickly and the returns are easy and free. Of course like everybody I'd far rather not have the hassle of returning, but I find the device so useful that I can't imagine a night without them. 

I'm an insecure, jumpy sleeper, I listen out for noise and expect to be disturbed so these have done a solid job of making me feel cocooned in my own space. If anyone from BOSE is reading, thank you. Especially given all the research done on the imp of deep sleep. 

I'm sticking with these and will replace my pair when I get back from my work trip rather than take the refund. 

The pillow friction noise is irritating so if you really are keeping up the work on improving this product, the casing needs a rethink. The new ones are always quite silent for a few weeks until the abrasion of bring pressed on cotton pillow cases scratches them, causing too much friction. Then the irritating scrunching noise comes back. For those with long enough hair, I find it helps to have your hair over them.

Anyhow, bring on the updated version and in the meantime I'm sticking with these for as long as these will stick with me. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 18, 2019

To remedy the rubbing sound, put some duct tape on the top.  See attached picture.  The duct tape probably lasts 2 months before I have to cut up new ones, but easy to do.

Screenshot-Image 10-31-2019 001.png

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Thanks for the tip, duct tape, good to know.

For me in the UK, masking tape is the rough white tape that you use when you are painting a room to protect the bits you don't want to cover - not that it helps me much, I usually end up with paint all over the woodwork anyway.

So I'm really grateful to you for having uploaded a shot - thanks very much. I had been wondering every time someone said masking tape, how that could work as it is very textured. This tip makes sense now - cheers : )

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Just me personally, but I can't stand cotton pillow cases.  I use satin pillow cases, and don't have issues with rubbing sounds.   That's just me.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Awesome idea reference the satin pillowcases to minimize the rubbing sound. Thanks for sharing.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 18, 2019

oops, I actually meant duct tape, not masking tape.  I've corrected my post.

Duct tape is smooth, so there's no rubbing sound caused by friction.

@Cured insomniac wrote:

Thanks for the tip, duct tape, good to know.

For me in the UK, masking tape is the rough white tape that you use when you are painting a room to protect the bits you don't want to cover - not that it helps me much, I usually end up with paint all over the woodwork anyway.

So I'm really grateful to you for having uploaded a shot - thanks very much. I had been wondering every time someone said masking tape, how that could work as it is very textured. This tip makes sense now - cheers : )