Highlighted
Cured insomniac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

So were they manufactured since October? Hope so for you.

I'm drafting a mail to Belgian CS to make it clear that I'm expecting a new pair. I'll state those made since start Oct.

I just wish the approach was the same internationally. We would never ever get the chance to receive replacements before the faulty pair were received and checked over....

Highlighted
alphalog
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Mine was manufactured in July 2019, but I requested after the Oct announcement.  So I was thinking that it takes time to manufacture the new version and that Bose already started building the better version in July.  Probably wishful thinking on my part LOL

Highlighted
Cured insomniac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Wouldn't it be great just to know how to recognise if the promise of replacing sleep buds with the improved (but still not perfect) battery is being kept? I wish there was more transparency. Esp being in Europe. Now I know how to date the buds I see the three pairs were all made in '18, some quite early. I have tried to see assurances from Belgian CS that the replacements they intend to ship me now will honour their commitment, but, of course, no reply.....

Highlighted
Lynalls
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Going on 8 weeks since I returned my sleepbuds and I am still waiting for my full refund as per the above release. I have contacted Bose everyday since last week without any support. I am told every time I contact Bose that my refund has been “actioned“ and “not to worry” I also get told every single time I speak or interact with anyone from the support team that someone will either email me or call me back to update me, to date not one email or phone call from anyone from Bose. Starting to think this whole refund is just a ploy for customers to return their sleepbuds in the hopes that customers will give up trying for a refund.  So now I’m without sleepbuds and without my promised refund. Beware trying to return for your refund, there is no support and no way of getting in touch with anyone who will be able to support you if you have any issues. 

Highlighted
Lynalls
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Good luck, I’m going on into my 8th week and still no refund. Bose support are no help and do not follow up with you as they promise. Don’t count on your refund anytime soon unfortunately.

Highlighted
Dutchcat22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

I can only say be VERY patient. I waited from 05/10/2019 until Friday 22/11/2019  for my refund. I had to follow it up several times, I found the WhatsApp group to be the quickest way to contact the company. I now have all my monies returned, I wont say I am happy because clearly I wanted a working pair of sleepbuds, but at least I now have the money to try for something else. 

Highlighted
KernelAgainstTheWall
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

FWIW, I purchased my Sleepbuds at the end of June and have used them pretty much nightly since then. They aren't flawless, but I haven't had any of the battery issues that seem to be so common. The worst is that occasionally a sleepbud won't pair and it takes a few minutes of futzing to get it to work.

It really saddens me that Bose has discontinued these. It's not an exaggeration to say that for me, they've been life changing. I'm sleeping better than I have in years, and I don't have to go to the spare bedroom to escape the snoring anymore. I am dreading the day that my Sleepbuds stop working, or get lost or damaged.

Highlighted
hah266611
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Would you kindly share Bose WhatsApp group number so that I can contact them for a refund? If privacy is an issue, do you mind PM me their number through my email [Edited by moderator]? Thanks million.

Highlighted
MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I was wondering bthe same thing. @Dutchcat22 , what's the contact info for them on what's app?

eznoh
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

I think I've found a decent replacement for the sleepbuds for side sleepers. The Lypertek TEVI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VB46R9Y?tag=georiot-us-default-20 paired with the White Noise Android app. They are supposed to last 10 hours but only lasted 8 which is good enough for me. You can also use them individually. I've got two paid of sleepbuds left so that should last about 4 - 6 months hopefully.