Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Sorry, I may be incorrect.  I had thought the original warrenty was 2 years before they discontinued and 1 year on the replacements after they discontinued.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 18, 2019

I got a unit soon after the Oct announcement (manufactured 9/20/2019), but the magnet fell off after 3 months.

I received another unit in early Jan 2020 (manufactured 10/14/2019).  It's working fine so far, but it's only been about 2.5 months.

I've never had a battery last longer than 4 months, so I'm curious if the good batch lasts longer than 4 months.

@mario64 wrote:

@miklosh13 and @alphalog Thank you!

@alphalog Were yours from 10/14/2019 any good? The set I'm looking at are from 10/28/2019

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

I know, I was happy to get them but alas ... The current set has lasted a couple of months but are starting to have issues. One set left after that unless they are still exchanging.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

If they are still exchanging, not sure if they are exchanging during the coronavirus pandemic.  There's a chance they be shut down at the moment.  I don't know.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Bose be serious (a bit late but) and remember you promised:

I want to keep using sleepbuds™. Will Bose continue support for the Bose Sleep app?

Yes. We are committed to supporting customers whose sleepbuds™ are working fine. We will continue to support the Bose Sleep app through bug fixes and operating system upgrades on both iOS and Android platforms.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Speaking of continuing to support BoseSleep apps, I recently met some issue with the app. I'm using iOS 13.4 system, and recently it seems that there's some serious lagging between app and the sleepbuds. When I hit "continue" button, the buds sometimes didn't respond. Or I'll have to try a couple of times or put the buds into the charger and took them out and retried. And there's an update on the buds in the app, I tried to update it but failed. And it said that failed to connect to the sleepbuds. But I was indeed connecting to my buds!

I don't know any of you have met this kind of issue. It just happened recently. And I'm using the upgrade-battery version of sleepbuds. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Cased solved. For me, Bose Sleep app did have some issue for me when I upgraded my iOS version to 13.4. I can't update my buds within the app. I can't save my alarm to the buds. And my buds didn't react to the control of the app frequently. Play music sometimes didn't work at all. 

And I've tried it with my old iPhone, which is still iOS version 12.4. Every think works just fine. So pls make it work for the newest system.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Bose sleepbud refunds

I returned my Bose Sleepbuds before the deadline last December and was told I would wait 8 weeks before the refund was credited to my account.  it is now 13 weeks and no refund or communications as yet.  Can anyone help/signpost?

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

Yeah, I generally leave my Sleepbuds in Phone Free Mode, but after reading this I went to check out how well the app dealt with the current IOS update.

Not very well is the answer.

The app was somewhat unresponsive, but I was eventually able to get them out of Phone Free Mode. Volume control did basically nothing at first. Not sure how that's working. It was more important to me to get them back into Phone Free Mode, so that I could continue to use them going forward.

The app definitely needs an update.

I will be keeping my Sleepbuds in Phone Free Mode until that happens.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Hi @jwbyrne,

What's the "Phone Free Mode" ? I still need my phone to control the start/stop of the buds playing music. And I still need to adjust the alarms when I need to, which is quite frequently.

Can you use the buds without the phone?