Darkland
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Between all the questions and requests, i would like to add that I reached out to Bose Benelux last week, because of one of the earbuds only charging up to 58%.  They where very helpful, and mailed me a UPS ticket to return my defective buds. I did that last Friday morning. And today, a DPD courier just delivered me a brand new set, and the serial says 'Z9242', which should translate to 2019-08-30. Hopefully these will last longer.
But 2 thumbs-up for Bose customer service on how they handle this!!

alphalog
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Update on the replacement that I received after the Oct recall announcement which has a Z9263 (Sept 20, 2019 manufactured date).  Good news so far...

It's been about 2 months of usage and I'm starting to notice with more frequency that even though all the lights blink correctly when I charge it after waking up in the morning, later at sleeptime I'll notice one or the other sleepbud stuck at 47%.

I was able to charge it back up to 100% most of the time by taking it out of the case and then putting it back in, but in the most recent attempts, that no longer worked... However good news is that a reset of the charging case got both sleepbuds back up to 100% again.  So far so good - I didn't have to reset the case again, but occasionally I'll check it when I get home from work just to be sure.

This is my 7th sleepbud and resetting the charging case has never worked before... so this is a welcome surprise.  Hopefully I can continue doing this for many more months.

@Darkland wrote:

Between all the questions and requests, i would like to add that I reached out to Bose Benelux last week, because of one of the earbuds only charging up to 58%.  They where very helpful, and mailed me a UPS ticket to return my defective buds. I did that last Friday morning. And today, a DPD courier just delivered me a brand new set, and the serial says 'Z9242', which should translate to 2019-08-30. Hopefully these will last longer.
But 2 thumbs-up for Bose customer service on how they handle this!!

miklosh13
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

alphalog,

Is this with or without the update to the charging case ?

alphalog
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 18, 2019

No recent update to the charging case that I'm aware of.  I did ran the Bose Updater when I got the replacement in Oct 2019 but I haven't since then.

@miklosh13 wrote:

alphalog,

Is this with or without the update to the charging case ?

stephenjones007
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

I have a pair I need to return since its giving issues now. If I wanted the refund option, is it too late? I see its up to the 31st. Does this mean Bose has to receive it by then, or does this mean it has to be dropped off at the postal service by then?

Hi stephenjones007,

Thank you for posting.

It's not too late for the refund option if that is the option you would like to choose. The 31st is the date we would want the return for a refund processed by, we do not need to receive the item before that date, just have it set up on our system.

You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Todd F
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

If your SleepBuds fail after the 31st, but before the two year warranty expires, Bose original statement in October said they will replace (if stock remains) or provide a refund. The December 31st deadline according to Bose statement only applies if you elect to return perfectly working SleepBuds due to their October announcement that they were discontinuing SleepBuds.

If the SleepBuds fail after December 31, and Bose has no more replacements, which Bose October statement said they anticipate having stock through early 2020, then Bose will still refund your purchase price if your Sleepbuds go bad after December 31 but inside the product's two year warranty.

Todd F
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Quoted from Bose Original Announcement - FAQ section

"What if I experience an issue after December 31, 2019?
You’ll be covered under the product’s two-year warranty, which includes a replacement, if available, or a refund. Please be advised that replacements will be drawn from a limited supply of sleepbuds™ with newly manufactured batteries that are less susceptible — but not immune — to the battery-related issues. We expect — but can’t guarantee — that we’ll have enough inventory to offer replacements into early 2020. If a replacement is not available, you will receive a refund. The process and timeline for your refund will vary by region; please allow at least 4-6 weeks"

alphalog
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Anyone have any tips or tricks for the magnet falling off issue?  Anyone have any tricks or solutions that have worked?

I'm on my 7th device with supposedly the improved battery (used it just fine for 2.5 months) and surprisingly this is the first time ever that the magnet fell off.  I tried to krazy glue it back on but I couldn't get it reseated correctly.  Anyway, I called Bose and a replacement is on its way.

For the replacement that I'm going to receive, I was thinking of putting a tiny tiny dab of krazy glue into the crevices of the magnets to reinforce it to prevent this issue from happening again.  I'd rather not have to get a replacement again as long as the battery charging issue doesn't resurface.

AlcuZan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

So turns out Bose is lying to their loyal customers.

Back in November, a store employee told me that a new version of the sleepbuds will be released early 2020, ca. at the end of January. Because my fifth pair of sleepbuds is starting to fail now, I contacted the support via Whatsapp today to check if there are any news that they can tell me so I can remain hopeful. They then told me that the man in the store lied to me. Bose gave up on sleepbuds, there will be no successor.
Is Bose giving up on sleepbuds? Their answer in the press release is: "No. We remain committed to developing innovative solutions to help the millions of people who struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep." That is a LIE.
Bose is not continuing to work on a solution. I sincerely hope that more people will learn of this and that it causes a massive outroar. This company does not deserve to earn any more money.