Todd F
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

This is an exact copy and paste for a question under the FAQ section of Bose's statement about discontinuing the SleepBuds specific to your question:

"What if I experience an issue after December 31, 2019?

You’ll be covered under the product’s two-year warranty, which includes a replacement, if available, or a refund. Please be advised that replacements will be drawn from a limited supply of sleepbuds™ with newly manufactured batteries that are less susceptible — but not immune — to the battery-related issues. We expect — but can’t guarantee — that we’ll have enough inventory to offer replacements into early 2020. If a replacement is not available, you will receive a refund. The process and timeline for your refund will vary by region; please allow at least 4-6 weeks for processing once your returned product is received."

... I am on my third pair that I received in early August. So far, so good. But too soon to tell. My first two sets had a battery begin to malfunction each after about 55 usage cycles (nights of sleep). I got my first pair in December 2018 and one of earbud's batteries started malfunctioning in April. I was using the first pair about two nights a week. My second pair that I got in June had an earbud battery start malfunctioning in the same way in July only after two months, but that was because I was using them every night at that point (kids were out of school and loud in the mornings). My third pair's usage is more similar to my first pair's usage (about 2-3 nights per week). So, I won't exceed 55-60 cycles until early 2020.

RonaldW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

Dear Bose Sleepbud Team,

Please do not give up on the concept 😭.  Besides the battery issue, they work as advertised.  My sleeping partner snores like a freight train and your sleep buds make it tolerable.

jswing
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 14, 2019

alphalog thank you. I assumed I might have the latest manufactured set but I will contact Bose and see what they say. All mine have only worked for exactly two months so I was hoping I had the newer version with this set. 

Lorraine
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

I am just noticing that my right ear bud will

not charge any more that 40-60% and it is often hard for the Bose app to recognize it . Is this a problem that needs to be addressed ? And if they need changing how do I go about this ? Do I take them back to where they were purchased ? 

alphalog
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2019

The app not finding the buds, I have that issue consistently but I also found a consistent workaround.  Right before bedtime, I reboot my phone and it fixes the issue 99.99% of the time.  When it doesn't work, it's usually because of the battery issue.

jswing
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 14, 2019

@Lorraine  This is a known issue with the sleep buds. You can call to get a replacement set but note they have discontinued them. You should have gotten a message about it or check under your app. There are charging issues that keep happening and they have not been able to fix the issue permanently.  

Stacythurmond
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Honestly, it has taken me this long to reply to this news because it is so devastating to me. Despite all of the issues, the sleepbuds are - by far - the most life changing product of my adult life and I am gutted that they are being discontinued - to a point of wanting to purchase multiple pairs before they disappear for good!

And literally, every night, as I am connecting them, I whisper - please please please work!

Since I started charging the case during the night when the sleepbuds were not connected to it, I have not had any issue at all - and while I have only been able to wear one at a time as I am a side sleeper and it doesn't work well to have them in on the pillow side - and while there might be issues with the looping - it is still absolutely devastating that this product is disappearing. 

I beg you to continue the research and come back to us with another product soon. 

I cannot reiterate enough how much this product has changed my life and given me the gift of sleep. 

Thank you to all of the team who have worked on the sleepbuds. 

Devastated but loyal - 

S

eznoh
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

If you are only using one at a time, this may work for you. I have been testing wireless earbuds since I was using a wired mono earbud and a white noise app before the sleepbuds came out. The problem has been finding earbuds that will last thru the night. I have ordered this product, it is supposed to last 10 hours: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VB46R9Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found a good white noise app for Android which even has the alarms inllcuding fade-in:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tmsoft.whitenoise.lite

Maybe this would work for you.

Mike

Stacythurmond
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

Thanks Mike! I will check it out!

MistyStar
Audible Advocate
Registered since