Heather5
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Could someone please tell me definitively if the app will continue to be updated? I haven't had any issues at all, not once, with my SleepBuds, so would prefer to keep them. But I don't want the app to eventually stop working, which in turn, will make my SleepBuds useless.  Thank You.

NicoQ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, after calling to the phone provided in the link you shared with me, the operator said that there won't be Refunds for Latin American customers, which is not what the company stated in their Apologies letter (even the Spanish version of this says Refunds are worldwide).

That being said, I bought my pair in September 2018, from the US online website (since Sleepbuds were not yet available in Chile), and used a Travel Box service provided by my Bank in order to get them delivered to me.

I would appreciate further assistance on this matter, since Support Service in my region could not help me on the Refund process.

Regards,

Nicolas

Aperi
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Gah! Finally! I was expeecting this kind of announcement sooner or later.

All I can say is that this is a real pity, because it is (was?) a really good idea and an excellent product - when it worked, of course.

Right now I'm on my 3rd or 4th set (I've already lost count), so far so good for the last couple of months, but I'm afraid they won't make it to the end of the year. If so, hope I'll be able to get a refund as this notice says.

Anyway, Bose, thanks for trying to make a revolutionary product, and please... try it again in the future, there's a huge market for a product like this!

Hi NicoQ, 

Thank you for coming back to us and updating us on your situation. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some issues with support in your region. 

We are currently looking into this. Please rest assured that Bose will honor our commitment to refunding customers. 

Alternatively, if you have a US address you can use our US Contact page to get in contact with the team. Please note, if you choose to do this, you will need to ship your product to the US. I have included the LINK HERE to the Contact Page on our US Website. 

Thank you for your patience regarding this!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Kevski
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Yeah, looks like rebooting the charging case was a temporary fix to improve charging levels in the right bud. Tried a few times after initial success but could not get over the 58% level. For some reason yesterday the reboot did work and continued to charge the right bud above 58%. Unfortunately, a 58% charge will not last over 7hrs so right bud ends up totally discharged before morning. 

fractalbrain
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

! Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

Hi Bose!

Is there a way I can send private messages to you? I didn't immediately see a way, but I totally may have missed it.  I mostly just want to dump ideas on you :-).

Thanks! 

QC-Kiwi
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Re: ! Re: Sleepbuds Discontinuing Discussion

I hope Bose start talking to the companies which make rechargeable hearing aids which manage for the high end models like the Phonak Marvel to pack in alongside all the complex electronic processing required a rechargeable battery which can last 20+ hours.

I'm really going to miss having my Sleepbuds, even though I was starting to hit issues with my third pair. They have been transformational in being able to sleep with troublesome tinnitus. Since reading about the discontinuation I've been hunting to find some alternative options which will have battery power to last all night, allow me to sleep on the side and have wireless connectivity (I don't want a cord plus my mobile doesn't have a audio jack). Any suggestions welcomed, especially as I'll be able to use the refund towards a new option.

queeg505
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

@QC-KiwiYou might want to look at the QuietOn Sleep product which is available from December for a similar cost. Thet are a Finnish company. They employ active noise cancelling technology rather than white noise which the BOSE product uses.

Jase007
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Whilst I am on my 4th set and have had the battery issues everybody else has, I'm gutted and  worried that these sleep buds will not be available if my current pair have problems.

I have had the current pair about 3 months with no issue at all, working really well hopefully it is the newer improved battery.  The app also works so well with the sleep buds with no delay in connecting.

I suffer from tinnitus and these have genuinely changed my life, allowing me to prolong my sleep and block out noises being a light sleeper as well.  Without these, I would have continued the frustration I have with the condition, but knowing I will get a decent nights sleep helps massively.  When this works, it is the best electrical product I have ever bought, even at the price it is.  With the reported problems, people look past how good it is but it is simply ingenious.

To be the design is perfect for what they are, so comfy.  Another problem is the widely reported squeaking noise on pillows which I have resolved by sticking some sticky felt on the outside and they work perfectly (this issue seriously needs resolving by Bose)

I am  definitely keeping mine and am really worried if mine have issue after the surplus supply runs out, I wont then have any at all ☹️  I have come to rely on these and not to have any would definitely impact me.

I really hope Bose keep going on this as once the battery issues are resolved, it will be without doubt the best product of its type on the market.  I think a lot of people lost faith in them as a industry leader due to putting this product out with such issues, but to not rectify and chuck them in the bin would cause their reputation even more harm.

Please, please, Bose keep going with it.

Lead Community Manager

Hey @fractalbrain 

If you have feedback for the Sleepbuds product, the best thing to do is put it in a post! The Community team monitors the feedback here and passes it along appropriately, and if we see a lot of people excited about something it definitely helps.

If the ideas are regarding the community itself, we have a board for that.  

If it's something else entirely, or you really would rather keep it private, let me know and I'll have someone reach out to you.

-Wayne_M